• 15184623137_f5cd31e0c5_c.jpg

15184449038_6432de9a6b_c.jpg

15367938251_2d80ee0098_c.jpg
  • 15370687532_d5027a5bb8_c.jpg

15347953296_da98932c69_c.jpg

15370952175_dec5b45c1f_c.jpg

15370594062_d58843262b_c.jpg
  • helingen, that's just gorgeous!
  • Jesus dude, that is nice!!! Great to see some good quality pictures of it. So dont know if its the stealth or the cyan now that i should get! :roll:
  • guys, any idea how long more will the discounted price continue, particularly for the endurace cf? 8)
  • ..thanks, Marco, that's very helpful indeed!
    marco67 wrote:
    Hi deswahriff

The main difference I find between the Roubaix and the Endurace is just how incredibly responsive the Canyon is, but it is still comfortable. I remember when I first rode my SL3 and it was immediate just how comfortable it was, when that was replaced (under warranty) with an SL4 I read that it was supposed to be slightly 'stiffer' and responsive but really I felt no difference in that respect - it was still comfortable but never felt like it wanted to go as fast as the Canyon!

When that was finally replaced with yet another warranty replacement, I decided enough was enough and started looking elsewhere. I finally arrived at the Canyon Endurace and after deciding what size to buy, went for it. I wondered whether I had made a mistake after my first ride when the seatpost kept slipping but now that is solved the bike is a dream to ride. I have the model with 105 groupset, so the lowliest of the range, but it certainly doesn't feel lowly. The ride I can only compare to the Pinarello Paris FP I rode back in 2007 - a real thorobred! The Canyon feels as responsive yet is more comfortable.

Size wise I used to ride a 56cm Roubaix and I have an XL Endurace. I tried the sizing system on the Canyon website, but in the end chose the XL based on the geometry charts. The Endurace TT is 1cm longer and the headtube .6mm taller, but the stack height of the Canyon is 21mm more giving me the more upright position I am after. The seat tube is the biggest difference between the two, the canyon is 8cm longer. But after some fettling and sorting the slipping seatpost it fits and rides just perfect.

I had hoped when I saw that they had launched the Aluminium version that this would have mudguard eyelets, which would have build into a perfect Winter bike but no such luck which is a shame because most aluminium equivalents from other manufacturers do have them.

All in all I'm delighted with the bike. I've had quick replies from Canyon UK to questions and they've helped sort the one problem I had out promptly and efficiently.

Hope this helps
  • I've got an annoying issue with my front mech (ultegra 6800) on my new Endurace.

Basicaly no matter how I use the trim or play with the cable tension adjustment, the front mech is always rubbing against the chain on either big front+rear ring or small front+rear ring, so straight chain.

The cable was not set up according to shimano spec. See picture below :
    WRu8Vvwl.png
    I fixed that, didn't seem to help.

Also I don't know if it's normal or not but when I'm on lower gear, I can L-Trim the front mech an infinite ammount of time and still feel the "click" in the lever.
    On my previous bike (105 5700) it only clicked once.

I suppose that since the inner part of the cage is made of rubber, it's less of an issue if the chain rub slightly against it and will eventualy wear it enough so that it doesn't rub anymore. Right ?

Finaly figured it out after placing the cable in the correct position and spraying some WD40 on the mech.
    Can't go completely cross chain on the big ring but good enough for 10 out of 11 sprockets.
  • So to all you guys n gals that are lucky enough to own one of these sweet rides, can you tell me if it is responsive enough not to be a boring ride? Can you compare it against your named old bike as being better or worse?
    I really like the idea of the comfort but am worried that it will sacrifice performance over something like the Ultimate CF SL. Please advise. :?
  • mlgt
    mlgt Posts: 366
    krogort wrote:
    I've got an annoying issue with my front mech (ultegra 6800) on my new Endurace.

Basicaly no matter how I use the trim or play with the cable tension adjustment, the front mech is always rubbing against the chain on either big front+rear ring or small front+rear ring, so straight chain.

The cable was not set up according to shimano spec. See picture below :
    WRu8Vvwl.png
    I fixed that, didn't seem to help.

Also I don't know if it's normal or not but when I'm on lower gear, I can L-Trim the front mech an infinite ammount of time and still feel the "click" in the lever.
    On my previous bike (105 5700) it only clicked once.

I suppose that since the inner part of the cage is made of rubber, it's less of an issue if the chain rub slightly against it and will eventualy wear it enough so that it doesn't rub anymore. Right ?

Finaly figured it out after placing the cable in the correct position and spraying some WD40 on the mech.
    Can't go completely cross chain on the big ring but good enough for 10 out of 11 sprockets.

Glad you sorted it out. I was going to say check all cabling and maybe see if anything is bent in the rear section.
    Hope you can start to enjoy the bike now
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • Its been a long day and I am not particularly useless at mechanics but I have been sat here trying to figure out that diagram. Is it the front derailleur, what is this converter? I just can't figure it at all. Just me ?
  • It's the front derailleur.

The converter is used if the cable come from the frame in an odd angle.

http://si.shimano.com/php/download.php? ... -3604A.pdf
  • Galatzo was asking about the wheels well i now have done about 100 miles on mine and the only thing about the wheels is when freewheeling it has a very loud click. I am sure i will get use to it over time. Apart from that i am loving the bike.
  • mlgt
    rovey73 wrote:
    Galatzo was asking about the wheels well i now have done about 100 miles on mine and the only thing about the wheels is when freewheeling it has a very loud click. I am sure i will get use to it over time. Apart from that i am loving the bike.

I agree, that is something you will have to get used to and now I try not to coast as much as I normally do and soft pedal as the sound is even louder than my friends reynolds on his aeroad. But at least other cyclists can hear me when I am near and tend to move aside. (not that I am bully cyclist)

These are something I will upgrade at some point or slightly overgrease the bearing on the R23.
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • rovey73 wrote:
    Galatzo was asking about the wheels well i now have done about 100 miles on mine and the only thing about the wheels is when freewheeling it has a very loud click. I am sure i will get use to it over time. Apart from that i am loving the bike.

..surely that's easily sorted with a squish of grease round the free-hub pawls?....worked on my Novatech hub free-wheel after it got drowned on the Ride100...
  • krogort
    krogort Posts: 31
    It's a "feature" of all DT Swiss hubs, I doubt you can get rid of it with some grease.
    Fulcrum wheels do the same noise.
  • Finally pressed the BUY button after umming and arring for the past few days. 178cm tall / 84cm inside leg and went for the Medium. Now I've just got to sell my old bike.
  • Hmmm...trying to work out if the extra £375 is worth it for choosing the CF9.0 Ultegra model over the CF8.0 105?

The only differences seem to be the g/set, slightly lighter DT Swiss R23 wheels, Aliante saddle instead of an Ardea, and a 11-28 cassette rather than the CF 8.0's rather unnecessary 11-32 cassette.

As I'd use a different saddle altogether, and I'd actually swap out the 11-32 for a 11-28 - that seems to leave £375 difference for Ultegra and the R23 wheels.

Or am I missing something else?
  • redcup
    redcup Posts: 7
    I pulled the trigger earlier this week for a Small Meteor Grey + Cyan Endurace CF 8.0.
    I'm 168cm with a 79.5cm inseam, so right on the border of XS / S according to PPS - hopefully I've done the right thing not being as young and flexible as I used to be.

Coming from a Medium 2010 Defy 4 Triple (which is too big for me) - so hopefully will see a difference in how the bike rides.

I personally didn't think the extra was worth it for the Ultegra model - I think I will still need the 11-32 for some of the hills near me, the saddle may or may not suit me better and I doubt I would notice a difference between 105 and Ultegra and same for the wheels.

Shipping has just been confirmed as week 41 for me (next week) - just in time for the good weather to leave us.
  • mrtn
    mrtn Posts: 24
    Hi all

Have been following this thread for some time. Also ordered the bike using website recommendations for sizing, being myself relatively new to road cycling. One thing that bothers me is that I need to set the seat post almost at the lowest setting that is allowed. Probably also losing some of the flexibility of the post doing this. Which made me think whether I had made a mistake in measurements.

I have 87cm inseam, which puts me in the L(58) range. One thing that I did not pay enough attention to before ordering was that the seat post has a maximum insertion limit, which leaves at least 160mm of the post visible at the lowest setting. This 160mm + 565mm seat tube + 50mm saddle means that BB-to-saddle top is 775mm minimum. If one would use the 0.885*inseam rule, I would get the suggested saddle height from BB as 870*0.885~770mm. And this is the lowest that you can use then with the VCLS 2 post. I wonder if I am missing something here due to inexperience.

Other than that, I also had the front mech cable set up as pictured above.

cheers
  • Hello guys. Sorry for my bad english. :)
    Also have a canyon endurace cf 9.0 and had a problem in the first test around the block.
    At the end of the lap I noticed that the fork was left with a huge gap at the bottom, near the front brake.
    I removed the fork and went back to fit everything and the gap disappeared, but when braking with the front brake and move the handlebar, the gap reappeared and the fork moves forward and backward.
    What could be the problem? I was very disappointed.
  • island991 wrote:
    I'm pleased to report that although I had a 3 week delay, my Endurace is beautiful and a dream to ride. Stunning machine.

However.........

Im having an issue with looseness/excessive flex/movement in the front end. Ie when you apply front brake, some weight on saddle, you can feel movement in headset area that just shouldn't be there.

What is interesting about this is that bike mechanic says there is no mechanical problem in headset, bearings etc and more worrying a pro bike fitter I know says he has got hands on with 3 Enduraces now and all 3 have the same problem.

I'm torn, because like you I'm loving the bike. Its awesome to ride, but something seems fundamentally wrong with the frame/fork/headset. Its enough movement to know it just should be there in a new bike.

Is it something anyone has noticed? Rest your body on saddle, apply front brake and see how much movement there is forward/backward. Its a worry, and I just don't know what to do.

Hey friend, you've solved your situation?
  • A bit of digging reveals that the R24 Spline wheels weigh 1735g, and the R23 Spline wheels weigh 1605g.

That seems to account for over half of the 200g weight difference between the CF 8.0 and CF 9.0 that Canyon quote, and which therefore doesn't seem to include most of the 200g difference between the 105 and Ultegra groupsets.

I know this isn't Weight Weenies, but has anyone actually weighed their new bike yet? :)
    I suspect that the CF 8.0 probably weighs closer to 7.7kg, rather than 7.5kg...
  • krogort
    krogort Posts: 31
    Canyon2014 wrote:
    Hello guys. Sorry for my bad english. :)
    Also have a canyon endurace cf 9.0 and had a problem in the first test around the block.
    At the end of the lap I noticed that the fork was left with a huge gap at the bottom, near the front brake.
    I removed the fork and went back to fit everything and the gap disappeared, but when braking with the front brake and move the handlebar, the gap reappeared and the fork moves forward and backward.
    What could be the problem? I was very disappointed.

Did you follow these instructions ?
    Canyon bikes have a strange way of preloading the headset.

i-Lock-headset adjustment
    https://www.canyon.com/_en/supportcente ... cles_id=65
  • Yes i follow all the instructions and the headset is well adjusted and firm. The problem is the gap at the bottom (at the front brake) that i cannot fix. The problem may be the bearings?
  • Canyon2014 wrote:
    Yes i follow all the instructions and the headset is well adjusted and firm. The problem is the gap at the bottom (at the front brake) that i cannot fix. The problem may be the bearings?

What have Canyon said?
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • I sent them an email with a description of the problem and they will collect the bike to see what it is
  • CF 8.0 Order placed, delivery scheduled for the 13th...
  • mlgt
    How are the new owners finding the bike over their old one? Any additional upgrade/down grades done to the bike?

Ive ordered some raceblade mudguards for the winter months and squirted some tube filler in anticipation for the winter months. Debating to switch the R23 wheels to some older R500 wheels which are heavier, but are more for winter use. However currently enjoying the ride.
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • Hi,

I recieved mine last week and have 9.0 Pro - Campag groupset

After mulling the size for a while before ordering I went for a Meduim.
    I was qouted as a Large by the pps system but qualified for this size by just 1cm in my leg length. I was advised by the staff to go for a Meduim and put on a 110mm stem. It kind of feels ok but I feel now I should of got the large. The nature of this bike is to put you in a sit up sportive position so trying to replicate a race position this bike isnt too feasable. I am going to try put on a 120mm stem and a pair of 440mm bars to help put me in a more comfortable position.
    However, if this does not work, I would be willing to cut my losses and sell the bike at a reduced price and order a new size L. (or even a different bike.)

Anyone else have this same predicament in other sizes? if anyone has a size Large frameset and have made a similiar mistake to myself, I would be willing to consider a swap my Meduim if thats what you require.

With that said, it is a really nice bike to look at and ride regardless of the preference to the position I am in. If you get your sizing right and tweak it to your preferences I dont think there are many as good look bikes out there than this!