How does your helmet fit?

lappymatt
lappymatt Posts: 331
edited September 2014 in MTB general
Tried a few helmets now and they all seem to sit really high on my noggin, leaving a gap between my ears and start of helmet. Surely this is no good? I want one to fit snug! Im still looking....

How does yours fit and is the gap a problem do you think?

Mine sits like this:
SM73153-640x425.jpg

I want it like this:
p4pb7917938.jpg

Comments

• Try a bigger one
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    as above you either have the wrong size or it has not been adjusted correctly.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Ok so the consensus is that a helmet should fit snug with no gap above ears?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You want just enough room for the arms of your glasses!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I tried on a bunch of "enduro" style lids recently and even the brands that I normally consider my go to brands felt very odd and looked weird too.

But not as weird as you look in that pic. :lol:
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Probably more to do with the shape of your noggin. I'm looking for an enduro helmet myself.
    Unfortunately I have a head that shaped like a giant f-ing honeydew melon, so Urge helmets just won't fit.

I usually have to stick with anything by Giro, but have found that Troy Lee A1s also fit.
    (POC too, but the 'inner' is too thick to take the attachment for my head torch.)
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • Trying 3 on later(2 types, 3 diff sizes), a 661 stealth, and a giro feature

And Paul, that isn't me in the picture lol - google images find.