Garmin uploading Automatically ?

cougie
cougie Posts: 22,512
edited September 2014 in Road general
Normally after a ride I'll get round to uploading my Garmin data.
Connect with the mini USB. Log onto laptop. Open up Garmin Connect. Search for device. Upload - and nowadays it does both Garmin and Strava in one go.

Its a bit hit and miss - sometimes it takes a few minutes for it to find the device.

Yesterday I came in and plugged in the garmin to the laptop. Didnt log onto my account as I wanted to watch the Worlds.

Hours later I noticed that it had uploaded successfully to Garmin and Strava without my intervention at all.

Does it always do this ? Have I been wasting my time for the last year doing it manually ?

Comments

• If you have Garmin Express on the laptop it should upload automatically.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Without me even logging into the laptop ? I guess it must. Thanks !
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    cougie wrote:
    Without me even logging into the laptop ? I guess it must. Thanks !

If GE is running in the background then yes - without having to login.
  • Elfed
    Elfed Posts: 459
    If you've a 510/810/1000 it'll do it without having to connect it to the USB. Just connect it to your phone via Bluetooth and at the end of the ride it'll upload to Garmin and Strava automatically.
  • Elfed wrote:
    If you've a 510/810/1000 it'll do it without having to connect it to the USB. Just connect it to your phone via Bluetooth and at the end of the ride it'll upload to Garmin and Strava automatically.

Can't comment on the 510/810 but the 1000 will also do it automatically via WIFI as well.

To get the ride to automatically transfer to Strava means that you chose to connect your Strava and Connect accounts.