Anybody used Noxzema with Assos chamois pad ?

Serious Cat
Serious Cat Posts: 489
edited September 2014 in Road general
I saw that you can get a tub of classic. Noxzema for £3-48 and its water based easily rinsed out of chamois pads. I'm curious if anybody has tried it and did it cause any damage in particular to Assos bibs or chamois ?
This serious internet site..............I serious cat

Comments

• Isn't Noxzema a anti-spot cream? Or am I thinking of something else?
  • No not anti-spot cream , take a look here http://www.multipharmacy.com/shop/customer/Noxzema-Original-Deep-Cleansing-Cream-2oz-pid-11783.html?gclid=CK2L0onvg8ECFST3wgodzokAkg , it appears to be a skin cleaner with soothing properties. Ive read about cyclists using it for chamois pad use and am curious to find out if it would damage my S5 chamois pad or not.
  • robbo2011
    robbo2011 Posts: 1,017
    You've paid a lot of money for the Assos shorts, so stop being a cheapskate and buy a tub of Assos Chamois Cream. It really doesn't cost that much, I use some every ride and the pot has lasted over two years so it doesn't work out expensive at all.
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    robbo2011 wrote:
    You've paid a lot of money for the Assos shorts, so stop being a cheapskate and buy a tub of Assos Chamois Cream. It really doesn't cost that much, I use some every ride and the pot has lasted over two years so it doesn't work out expensive at all.
    :shock: How much do you use to make a tub last that long??
  • JackPozzi wrote:
    robbo2011 wrote:
    :shock: How much do you use to make a tub last that long??

Think he rides once every 3 months.
  • robbo2011
    Wrong as usual!

My Stats

Last 4 Weeks
    Avg Rides / Week 2
    Avg Distance / Week 120 km
    Avg Time / Week 4h 53m
    Year-to-Date
    Distance 6,162.1 km
    Time 265h 56m
    Elev Gain 112,316 m
    Rides 97
    All-Time
    Distance 14,321.5 km
    Rides 227
    Biggest Ride 173.1 km
    Biggest Climb 1,826 m

As for making it last, I just use a small amount on the places where rubbing can occur. No need to slather it all over.
  • robbo2011 wrote:
    Wrong as usual!

My Stats

Avg Rides / Week 2
    Avg Distance / Week 120 km

120km per week :lol: !! or as I call it 80 miles, puh I do short runs that are longer than that. Get off your high horse noob.
  • robbo2011
    the last 4 weeks have seen me travelling for work and visiting the UK. I see you conveniently ignored the year to date stats and elevation gain.

The point is, the Chamois cream last ages so I say again, stop being such a cheapskate and bite the bullet.

PS, you should have bought the S7 bibs, they are much better.
  • I must be lucky. I ride 250km a week and have never had chafe. I have also never used any cream or anything. Perhaps I am just naturally lubricated.

New Assos S7 on today. At least I think I was wearing them. Cant recall wearing anything at all. I guess I might need to buy another pair.
  • robbo2011
    I think a lot depends on body shape and saddle. No need to use cream if you don't experience any chafing!
  • robbo2011 wrote:
    the last 4 weeks have seen me travelling for work and visiting the UK. I see you conveniently ignored the year to date stats and elevation gain.

The point is, the Chamois cream last ages so I say again, stop being such a cheapskate and bite the bullet.

PS, you should have bought the S7 bibs, they are much better.

Hey if you ask your mum nicely then Santa might bring you a set of Assos and you can ditch your Aldi bibs. :D