Tubeless road tyre options?

goldeneye243
goldeneye243 Posts: 19
edited September 2014 in Road buying advice
I am intending to swap over to tubeless tyres in the new year.

Currently thinking that Schwalbe ones might be my first choice - I want something fairly durable for training rides and sportives.

The other option seems to be fusion 3.

Am I missing any good candidates and or are there any others due to launch?

It seems a bit crazy that there are so many more tubeless rims available than tubeless tyres!

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Before Ugo jumps in I will link to his recent "road test" of the Schwalbe One

http://paolocoppo.drupalgardens.com/con ... e-tubeless

You might not want to look any further
  • Schwalbe one seem to be the ones to have, just ordered some from xxcycle.com, cheap cheap.
  • swj1
    swj1 Posts: 70
    I have the One's in a 28 and I could not be more pleased with them. A lot smoother ride than my Ultremo's. A bugger to fit though!
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    Evans have 25mm Bonty R3s on sale. They're good but they wear quite quickly

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bon ... e-ec044810
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • RobinB2
    RobinB2 Posts: 111
    I've had some Schwalbe Ones for a month or so - so far, so good

Very easy to fit and seat of the pants feel is that they're as quick as the Conti GP4000s they replaced

Only issue was the price
  • defride
    defride Posts: 277
    Have ridden One tubeless for 6 months, a couple of thousand miles or so and they're still going strong. I'd concur with the review and add that I felt the Hutcheson compound was harder and less girppy on the Atom's I had. I'd guess they're similar if not quite as robust as Fusion's. I ride mine on Easton tubeless wheels and rented a bike with Conti's on Mavic Kysrium's at 110 psi in the Pyrenees recently, the One's at 80-90 psi on my wheels are way more comfortable! No hesitation recommending them to anyone interested in giving tubeless a try.