lone wheeler Posts: 163
edited October 2014 in Your road bikes
Finally finished my CAAD10 build :D

IMG_1317_zps9b9884c0.jpg

Comments

• bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Sweet and looks bloody fast :)
  • Very very nice. Great example of why you don't need carbon to have a great race bike.
  • Thank you for the positive comments. My other two (current!) bikes are a Canyon Alloy Ultimate and a Cervelo R3. Both of these ride very differently. Over the years I have ridden and owned many different brands made of different materials and have always enjoyed the ride of Alloy frames. Can't wait to have a ride on the CAAD, soon see if all the hype is true or not!
  • Looks great, probably needs some compact bars though

Guessing that colourway isn't available in the UK
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • The bars are mid' compact, Fizik Chameleon. For some reason, every time I take a pic the bars and shifters/levers always look bigger than they actually are! The colorway is on the Cannondale website, I think it's called BBQ.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    My jaw dropped when I saw it - amazing looking bike. If you want the bars to look better in a photograph, stand further away and zoom in on your camera.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Yep. Nice.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • I'll try and get a better pic tomorrow, cheers guys.
  • A black mode of transport in Dubai...?

Hot - literally. 8)
  • Hello! 8)
    tick - tick - tick
  • Hopefully a slightly better pic using Declan1's advice!

IMG_1342_zpse9351039.jpg
  • Beautiful!
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Amazing how the way you take a photo make make or break the look of a bike. This has gone from veeeery nice to :shock:

Love it!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Simply lovely, enjoy
  • Really nice looking bike, always like cannondales :)
  • Cheers. Just been out on it for an hours ride, loved it!
  • very nice indeed, especially that crank!
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • The crank is a piece of art, really lightweight & very clever the way that the rings are made in one piece. Cost me an arm and a leg!
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    The crank is a piece of art, really lightweight & very clever the way that the rings are made in one piece. Cost me an arm and a leg!

I can't really see the crankset ( a close up if you can) - its looks too dark, however, those wheels must have been pretty expensive!!!!!!!
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Can you do us a spec list?
    Teutonic indeed!
  • IMG_1369_zps13112e56.jpg

IMG_1371_zps0b89f094.jpg

Spec list is pretty straight forward,

Campagnolo Record Groupset, only deviation is the Cannondale SiSL2 Chainset.
    FSA K-Force seat pin and FSA 0S99 120mm Stem
    Fizik Arione Carbon railed saddle
    Fizik Chameleon Cryano R3 (alloy) bars
    Look Keo Titanium axle pedals
    KMC superlight 11sp chain
    Lightweight (tubs) wheels & Conti Comp 22's, ZIPP skewers
    Deda bar tape

The parts chosen have turned out to be just what I had hoped for.

The chain set was picked over the Campag Record due to the frame being BB30 and the Cannondale chain set has been made specifically for this type of BB. I know that Campag have BB30 adapters as I have these fitted on my Cervelo R3 and Canyon and touch wood, I've not had any issues with creaking but I fancied a change as I have a Super Record chain sets on both of my other bikes plus the SiSL2 is lighter.

Being a bit of a bike tart, the colours on the FSA seat pin and stem seem to been have been made with this CAAD10 colour scheme in mind! They are a perfect match.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    Veeeery nice. Great colour scheme. I'd tilt the bars forward a bit tho.
  • Buckie2k5
    Buckie2k5 Posts: 600
    the welding is top notch, my caad8 was welded by a blind man by the looks of it.