Fryday

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited September 2014 in The Crudcatcher
For most of you its will be TFIF, but I'm working tomorrow and got here first - ha!

Aircon is out in the office and India is entering "hot month", not nice in the office, I'd even be happy for some Indian wiring to get us some power!

On a happier note, ride is sorted for Sunday morning (06:30 to avoid the heat, or 2am for you lot!) even if it is on road, out to a decent cafe for some vegetable pakora and chips before returning, fairly easy ride as we have an irregular cyclist joining us, so no major hills and just 50miles.

Have a nice day all!
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• Morning Losers!

TFI Friday indeed! I think this has been one of the most stressful weeks in my life in all honesty. I'd rather not have a repeat of it.
    Today, who knows. We're now finding faults with the summer works. Nothing major, just little niggles that we're sorting when we can. So far, we (I) seem to have done a good job.

Tonight, we're having a night in with boardgames and alcohol (my idea of a good night) as one of the young people is off to uni, so that should be fun.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    TKM - all sorted now? Did GT's get rid of the 'unwanted present'?

Morning

Work followed by pub, which is actually what we ended up doing yesterday too :)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning dingleberries,
    Very glad it's Friday. Got a busy weekend ahead of me though. Need to do more work on the kitchen, the sparks is coming to give me a hand on Sunday morning so need to get everything together on Saturday. Going out to celebrate the boy's birthday Sunday afternoon, he's going out with his mates on Saturday. The bike needs a fettle as it's been suffering after last weeks ride. I might have to clean it and apply some oil. Should also put road tyres back on as the knobblies are a bit draggy going to work. I want to start putting the Cotic together as well.
    It's Fryday so cafe for lunch, until then more tea.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,165
    Slept like a non cruddite last night after yesterdays pedalling and got a lie in as I'm working from home today, although I am actually doing some work, honest :) Time to brew a coffee before a string of conference calls with foreigners and lawyers start...

Apart from that I've oiled the chainsaw and dusted off the hockey mask in case V98 comes calling :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • matthew h wrote:
    TKM - all sorted now? Did GT's get rid of the 'unwanted present'?
    Not quite, it takes a few days for the drugs to take effect. She's gonna have a rough week next week sadly, but she's ready for it
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Today, I have a 2.5hr drive to here -

LakeDistrict.jpg?378

for a long weekend.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    All right girls, hows your bits for zits?

Blagged half a day as per standard operating procedures, had a toodle round nine holes on the golf course and am now looking forward to an evening out with the bottom feeder (Mrs 13!). Steak night mmmmmmmmmmm! Only snag is that i'm duty driver...........shyte!

Will make up for it tomorrow.

Toodles!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    bg13 wrote:
    All right girls, hows your bits for zits?

Blagged half a day as per standard operating procedures, had a toodle round nine holes on the golf course and am now looking forward to an evening out with the bottom feeder (Mrs 13!). Steak night mmmmmmmmmmm! Only snag is that i'm duty driver...........shyte!

Will make up for it tomorrow.

Toodles!

No taxis available?
  • bg13
    Bit of a treck to where it's at Matthew, i'm up,early tomorrow and some smarty points in the bank can't hurt!

Some ghey excuses there but it'll pay off.

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Worked through lunch, now I'm hungry.

Glad it's Friday and I don't have to come to work tomorrow.

No plans for the night or weekend as I have kids.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • tlw1
    bg13 wrote:
    Bit of a treck to where it's at Matthew, i'm up,early tomorrow and some smarty points in the bank can't hurt!

You need a teetotal mate - I've got one and it's very useful
  • bg13
    matthew h wrote:
    bg13 wrote:

Give us a lend! I fancy getting royally H'd!

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    bg13 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    bg13 wrote:

You borrow him tonight as we are going to the pub at the top of my road - therefore no need for a driver :)
  • bg13
    matthew h wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    bg13 wrote:

You borrow him tonight as we are going to the pub at the top of my road - therefore no need for a driver :)

Cheers!

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • veronese68
    Once got stopped by the police when being driven by a teetotal veggie, we were properly shitfaced and were eating kebabs in his car. When asked if he'd been drinking he said no, but we had been. We all shouted from the back seat that he should tell them to fark off. Apparently plod replied "Oh yes, you'd better get rid of them then."
    Teetotal drivers are great, they don't have to be veggie but it makes forcing them to go to the kebab shop more fun.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Once got stopped by the police when being driven by a teetotal veggie, we were properly shitfaced and were eating kebabs in his car. When asked if he'd been drinking he said no, but we had been. We all shouted from the back seat that he should tell them to fark off. Apparently plod replied "Oh yes, you'd better get rid of them then."
    Teetotal drivers are great, they don't have to be veggie but it makes forcing them to go to the kebab shop more fun.

The current wife was veggie for years, I would treat her to chips in a pitta
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I'm understanding why she has gone to eating meat!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • veronese68
    EPO is a veggie, far from teetotal though.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    EPO is a veggie, far from teetotal though.

That about covers the current wife from sixth form to a couple of years ago and then she gave up drinking........... ok that might be a lie