Heads up its Aldi winter cycling this Thursday

ravenvrider
ravenvrider Posts: 198
edited September 2014 in Road general
Loads of winter cycling wear this Thursday at Aldi

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-25-september/

Comments

• Thanks for that, I'm working round the corner from one this week so I can get in early for a change.
  • zak3737
    zak3737 Posts: 370
    Are these usually available in all stores ?
  • I've seen this from one of the booklets today- I'll be looking out for the tights as I only have one pair of 'nice' tights from dhb at the moment and it would be nice to have another pair at least for commuting and possible cyclocross duties.
  • Keep your receipts
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Might pop down before work to watch the stampede.
  • Cannondale CAADX 5 105
    Trek T10
  • Yup, both the winter range and the 'Pro' range on sale on the same day - I think they split them last year to be a few weeks apart.

Elbows at the ready....
  • Carbonator wrote:
    Might pop down before work to watch the stampede.

...which is exactly why I'll pop down AFTER work. My elbows just aren't sharp enough.
  • fudgey
    fudgey Posts: 854
    Has anyone used any of the bib tights before?
    my bib shorts are BBB and imo pretty good, so could either spend a little more on the BBB tights, or take a punt on the Aldi ones.

to be fair, ive not had any problems with the Aldi stuff in past.
    My winter bike is exactly the same as my summer bike,,, but dirty...
  • I've previously bought padded shorts & tights from Aldi. They are cheap, slightly too big & poor quality pad. OK for commuting but no more than that.

I've bought the winter jacket & winter jersey last year & they have been brilliant.

Will pop in tomorrow to see what is available.
    Winter commuter: Planet X London Road
    Winter road bike/commuter: Specialized Langster
    Best road bike: Planet X RTD90
    MTBs: Giant XTC 650B / On-One C456 singlespeed
    TT bike: Planet X Stealth
  • fudgey
    fudgey Posts: 854
    Cool cheers, i think ill just go for the waterproof then. i have an Altura one but its quite thick and doesnt squash down small - fine for the mtb with a pack on, but im after a rain jacket that can be pocket size for road use.
    My winter bike is exactly the same as my summer bike,,, but dirty...
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,036

There's no mistake, I smell that smell
    It's that time of year again, I can taste the air
    The clocks go back, winter macs
    shoppers queue in line again
    and buy their gear for a dime

cheap cycling kit will soon be ours
    queue at the tills for hour and hours

Ok that's enough Stereophonics - Ed.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • dave35
    dave35 Posts: 1,124
    Got myself a winter jacket,long sleeve top and some new leg warmers for under £40-quality seems to be getting better now. Might have to go back and get some more. Size wise the arms are a bit long but for that price I'll suffer along.
  • I had to go down for my Dad who is on holiday but got a bike last week. The stuff looks pretty good and it wasn't quite the stampede it's been before. I did see one guy limbering up outside before the doors opened though :shock:

Bought myself a pair of waterproof socks in my neverending quest for dry feet, much cheaper than Sealskinz so I'll take a punt on them. Also got a pair of the waterproof 'lobster' gloves, ran them under the tap for ages and they didn't leak at all.
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    I bought some of their arm and leg warmers a couple of years back. Very good quality and lovely roubaix lining. Hope the new stuff is as good as this weeks shoppers will appreciate them!
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,002
    Fluoro rain jacket excellent for winter commuting, and almost indistinguishable from equivalent from DHB/Altura at twice the price.
    Merino long sleeve baselayer real bargain and feels very nice.
  • I had zero winter gear other than a fleece type jacket so bought two winter shirts and two winter long pants but also grabbed one of the pro long pants. Feel quite good quality. Also picked up two sets of lights and some spray and a pair of the sealskin copy socks. Wanted more but that little lot cost £100 so had to stop there......
    Wore my winter gear this morning for 4am commute - bloody hell it was 16 degrees out not 7 (as its been recently) so got way too hot!
  • zak3737
    zak3737 Posts: 370
    I picked up some stuff too, some of the tights with drawstring waist, fit nice and have a sort of water/wind proof front on them too. Pair of the wiinter gloves, some GT40, and a lovely Yellow & Black jersey with pockt in - great quality and only a £10'er.
    Should have got some of the cheapie lights too.........damn.....will have to go back now.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    mudslinger wrote:
    I've previously bought padded shorts & tights from Aldi. They are cheap, slightly too big & poor quality pad. OK for commuting but no more than that.

yeah wish Id seen that before Id bought some, the sizing is odd to say the least, they feel more like tracksuit bottoms in places they are that baggy, which is odd as the jacket feels about the right fit size wise, certainly be the ones I use when the weather is really mucky and wont mind ruining them.
  • Lucky for me I have big legs! :) large is almost too tight. Been cold in the mornings (4am) so I wore them today........and it was 16 degrees not 7! Bloody hell I got hot.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Zak3737 wrote:
    I picked up some stuff too, some of the tights with drawstring waist, fit nice and have a sort of water/wind proof front on them too. Pair of the wiinter gloves, some GT40, and a lovely Yellow & Black jersey with pockt in - great quality and only a £10'er. Should have got some of the cheapie lights too.........damn.....will have to go back now.

Amazing what you can get in Aldi these days. I wish I'd spotted the GT40s..... What colour did you go for? :lol:

Goodwood-GT40_2433371b.jpg
    Faster than a tent.......