Cycle Jumble Sales - Surrey

asprilla
asprilla Posts: 8,440
edited September 2014 in Commuting chat
Anyone know of any cycle jumble sales in Surrey?

I've many sets of handlebars and other assorted junk that will cost more to post than it will fetch on eBay and I want rid of it. I nearly dumped a load of tyres in the bin yesterday that have either been used once or not at all but it felt so wasteful.

I'm not going to use them and I just want rid without binning them.
Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
Sun - Cervelo R3
Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX

Comments

• menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    http://www.campyoldy.co.uk/events.htm

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stu_collin ... .html#this

Might be of use. There is usually one in Ripley a couple of times a year.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I've got a load of stuff like that as well. Problem is I'd probably come back with more than I left with.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    http://www.re-cycle.org/donate/bike/loc ... rch#London

We could probably build a few bikes to donate between us...
  • Where in Surrey are you? I'm always after tat to add to the spares cave, to keep my (and my brother in law's) selection of old bikes on the road.....
    1938 Hobbs Tandem
    1956 Carlton Flyer Path/Track
    1960 Mercian Superlight Track
    1974 Pete Luxton Path/Track*
    1980 Harry Hall
    1986 Dawes Galaxy
    1988 Jack Taylor Tourer
    1988 Pearson
    1989 Condor
    1993 Dawes Hybrid
    2016 Ridley Helium SL
    *Currently on this
  • asprilla
    Rhodrich wrote:
    Where in Surrey are you? I'm always after tat to add to the spares cave, to keep my (and my brother in law's) selection of old bikes on the road.....

Walton.

I was thinking about going up to Apps Court Car Boot, but they will be ending soon for the winter and I'm away for the next three weekends.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • I would recommend the Ripley one at Ripley Village Hall. However this has just finished on 13th Sept and should be back in 2015.

As menthel pointed out keep an eye on http://www.campyoldy.co.uk/events.htm

Z
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I've got a load of stuff like that as well. Problem is I'd probably come back with more than I left with.
    Same here. If the three of us got together, we could probably swap it all round a bit, and all come away feeling like we'd got a good deal. Even better, we could get together again next year, with exactly the same bits, and do it all over again!

If anyone wants a complete kit of parts to build a steel-framed CX bike, give me a shout :roll:
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • Well I went to Ripley this month, and barely brought anything back home with me....

(apart from a Viscount frame and fork that a guy GAVE to me when I told him I had a Viscount, oh and some Suntour ratchet power shifters, and some brake pads, plus some new gloves, plus a pannier rack for my brother in law, plus......)

Incidentally, there was a Walton cycle jumble earlier on this Summer at Elm Grove Hall. Here's hoping there'll be another one soon.
    1938 Hobbs Tandem
    1956 Carlton Flyer Path/Track
    1960 Mercian Superlight Track
    1974 Pete Luxton Path/Track*
    1980 Harry Hall
    1986 Dawes Galaxy
    1988 Jack Taylor Tourer
    1988 Pearson
    1989 Condor
    1993 Dawes Hybrid
    2016 Ridley Helium SL
    *Currently on this
  • asprilla
    Rhodrich wrote:
    Incidentally, there was a Walton cycle jumble earlier on this Summer at Elm Grove Hall. Here's hoping there'll be another one soon.

Yeah, I saw that. I could stand in my back garden and throw bike parts at Elm Grove Hall so that would have been great. I was hoping there would be another one there when I started this thread so I hope it becomes a regular thing.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    TGOTB wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Same here. If the three of us got together, we could probably swap it all round a bit, and all come away feeling like we'd got a good deal. Even better, we could get together again next year, with exactly the same bits, and do it all over again!

If anyone wants a complete kit of parts to build a steel-framed CX bike, give me a shout :roll:
    Sounds tempting.....
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    elbowloh wrote:
    TGOTB wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Sounds tempting.....
    Go on, you know you want to... :twisted:
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • A cycle jumble sale in Surrey? Titanium frames with gold plated wheels and the frame makers logo marked out with diamonds?

Or do I have a false impression of Surrey?
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    A cycle jumble sale in Surrey? Titanium frames with gold plated wheels and the frame makers logo marked out with diamonds?

Or do I have a false impression of Surrey?

That's about right. There's a jumble sale in a couple of weeks in Surrey
    warehouse-clearance.jpg

Or that's ITB's garage
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Ooh I live in Walton too! Nice to know there's locals on here. :D
    Trek 4500 Disc
    Ribble 7005 Audax