Wahoo Tickr and Garmin Edge 1000

dubbs2009
dubbs2009 Posts: 310
edited October 2014 in Road general
Hi chaps, Just got a new Edge 1000 - I use a Wahoo Tickr Heart Rate monitor.... anyone know how to make the Edge 1000 recognise it?????

Also - how do I update the firmware on the device? I assume as it's brand new its on the terrible version with lots of bugs - would like to update it to the latest version - how do I do it?

Cheers

dubbs.

Comments

• The manual seems pretty explicit on how to do this are you having problems.
  • freezing77 wrote:
    The manual seems pretty explicit on how to do this are you having problems.

followed the instructions... the edge 1000 just does not see it!
  • Firmware updates on the garmin site here
    http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=6735
  • Do you have one of these? If so they are ant+ compatible and you can pair these with your HRM to test it.
    Xperia E3
    Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact
    Xperia Z3 Compact
    Xperia Z3
    GALAXY Alpha
    Xperia C3 Dual
    Xperia C3
    GALAXY Tab S 10.5-inch
    GALAXY Tab S 8.4-inch
    Xperia T3
    GALAXY Tab4 8.0
    GALAXY Tab4 10.1
    GALAXY S5 광대역LTE-A
    GALAXY W
    GALAXY Note 3 Lite
    GALAXY TabPRO 12.2
    Xperia T2 Ultra
    GALAXY Note 3 Neo
    GALAXY TabPRO 8.4
    GALAXY TabPRO 10.1
    GALAXY NotePRO 12.2
    GALAXY S5
    Xperia Z2 Tablet
    Xperia M2
    Xperia Z2
    Xperia Z1 S
    GALAXY Grand 2 (LTE)
    Xperia Z1 Compact
    GALAXY J
    Monterra
    GALAXY Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)
    GALAXY S4 (Android 4.3 and up)
    GALAXY Note 3
    Xperia Z1
    Xperia Z Ultra
    Xperia SL
    Xperia acro S
    Xperia X8
    Xperia x10 mini pro
    Xperia S
    Xperia x10 mini
    Xperia ray
    Xperia pro
    Xperia neo V
    Xperia neo
    Xperia mini pro
    Xperia mini
    Xperia ion LTE
    Xperia ion HSPA
    Xperia arc S
    Xperia arc
    Live with Walkman
    HTC Rhyme
    Xperia active
  • freezing77 wrote:
    Do you have one of these? If so they are ant+ compatible and you can pair these with your HRM to test it.
    Xperia E3
    Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact
    Xperia Z3 Compact
    Xperia Z3
    GALAXY Alpha
    Xperia C3 Dual
    Xperia C3
    GALAXY Tab S 10.5-inch
    GALAXY Tab S 8.4-inch
    Xperia T3
    GALAXY Tab4 8.0
    GALAXY Tab4 10.1
    GALAXY S5 광대역LTE-A
    GALAXY W
    GALAXY Note 3 Lite
    GALAXY TabPRO 12.2
    Xperia T2 Ultra
    GALAXY Note 3 Neo
    GALAXY TabPRO 8.4
    GALAXY TabPRO 10.1
    GALAXY NotePRO 12.2
    GALAXY S5
    Xperia Z2 Tablet
    Xperia M2
    Xperia Z2
    Xperia Z1 S
    GALAXY Grand 2 (LTE)
    Xperia Z1 Compact
    GALAXY J
    Monterra
    GALAXY Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)
    GALAXY S4 (Android 4.3 and up)
    GALAXY Note 3
    Xperia Z1
    Xperia Z Ultra
    Xperia SL
    Xperia acro S
    Xperia X8
    Xperia x10 mini pro
    Xperia S
    Xperia x10 mini
    Xperia ray
    Xperia pro
    Xperia neo V
    Xperia neo
    Xperia mini pro
    Xperia mini
    Xperia ion LTE
    Xperia ion HSPA
    Xperia arc S
    Xperia arc
    Live with Walkman
    HTC Rhyme
    Xperia active

I am not sure... The Wahoo Tickr works fine with my Forerunner 305... so its very odd that its not working with the Edge 1000... I am just updating the firmware on the Edge to 2.4 hopefully will fix it...
  • No joy following update to v2.4 on 1000.... it found the Tickr eventually after a very long search time... but after initial connection now wont connect to it... despite it connecting to Forerunner with no issues... Any suggestions chaps???
  • Anyone????? AArrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh this is annoying me soooo much! Silence from both Garmin and Wahoo about the issue....
  • Garmin and Wahoo still not responding to me on this - a disgrace! Very poor customer service indeed! Anyone any ideas on a fix???
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    Sorry dubbs, no info that can help. Have you tried a factory reset and then only pairing it to the Wahoo?
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • Bar Shaker wrote:
    Sorry dubbs, no info that can help. Have you tried a factory reset and then only pairing it to the Wahoo?

Not as yet no - was hoping not to have to... To be honest, the Tickr was the first thing I tried to pair it with when it was spanking new last weekend... First thing I did after uboxing was charge the unit then upgrade to v2.4 firmware... Will a reset actually achieve anything apart from roll back to original firmware and require me to reset it all?
  • dubbs2009 wrote:
    Bar Shaker wrote:

Not as yet no - was hoping not to have to... To be honest, the Tickr was the first thing I tried to pair it with when it was spanking new last weekend... First thing I did after uboxing was charge the unit then upgrade to v2.4 firmware... Will a reset actually achieve anything apart from roll back to original firmware and require me to reset it all?

To save your settings if you do decide to do a reset, copy the following files off your unit so you can put them back later.
    Settings.fit
    Locations.fit
    Schedules.fit
    Cycling.fit
    Totals.fit
  • Bar Shaker wrote:

To save your settings if you do decide to do a reset, copy the following files off your unit so you can put them back later.
    Settings.fit
    Locations.fit
    Schedules.fit
    Cycling.fit
    Totals.fit

OK thanks :)
  • Wahoo are generally very responsive if you post on their fb site. Try updating the tickr firmware as well, and also a tickr hardware reset (battery out/in again) if there's no new firmware.
  • shmooster wrote:
    Wahoo are generally very responsive if you post on their fb site. Try updating the tickr firmware as well, and also a tickr hardware reset (battery out/in again) if there's no new firmware.

Wahoo got back to me:
    It is an issue with the Edge 1000. We have tried multiple TICKRS with the faulty units to no avail. We have tried those same TICKRS with other 1000s and they connect with no problem. The problem is isolated to the 1000 & the TICKR. Our TICKR Run will connect to those TICKRs. If you want, you can send me your TICKR and I will exchange it for the TICKR Run.

Great that they have worked out the issue and are happy to fix it!
  • dubbs2009
    RESOLUTION at last! Wahoo sent me a new Tickr RUN and this works fine. Seems to be an issue with the TICKR and Edge 1000. If you have the same problem, go to the Wahoo website and drop them a support ticket and Tyler will sort you out with a replacement RUN which will work :) Thanks Wahoo - Garmin have still yet to respond to me... useless customer service!
  • BrandonA
    BrandonA Posts: 553
    Good that the issue has been resolved.

I was impressed with Wahoo Fitness' customer service when I had an issue with my Kickr last year. They sent me a replacement one without any issue.

A little annoying that the Tickr does not work but the Tickr Run does. Makes me think the issue is at the WF end and not Garmin as they must be doing something different between their two devices which is causing the issue.

I nearly bought a new Tickr a week or so back from the WF site, but was shocked that they wanted £8 delivery for a £49.99 product as it was under £50.
  • dubbs2009
    BrandonA wrote:
    Good that the issue has been resolved.

I was impressed with Wahoo Fitness' customer service when I had an issue with my Kickr last year. They sent me a replacement one without any issue.

A little annoying that the Tickr does not work but the Tickr Run does. Makes me think the issue is at the WF end and not Garmin as they must be doing something different between their two devices which is causing the issue.

I nearly bought a new Tickr a week or so back from the WF site, but was shocked that they wanted £8 delivery for a £49.99 product as it was under £50.

I had some good service from my Tickr when paired with my Forerunner 305 and also TrainerRoad - it just had a major issue with my Edge 1000 - although some Tickrs will work with Edge 1000 some will not... The RUN worked within seconds of pairing...