Studying cycling in Grad school - need your input

flatericatgmail
flatericatgmail Posts: 2
edited September 2014 in Road general
As part of my studies as a Grad Student studying cycling and sport business, I'm conducting research on the consumer habits of cyclists.

Because this forum is clearly chocked-full of pedalphiles, I wanted to invite you guys to participate in my research study by completing a quick survey I put together.

The questionnaire is HERE!

It consists of ten multiple-choice questions and it will require no more than 3-5 minutes of your time to complete.

I am not collecting any personally identifiable information. If you choose to participate in this project, please answer all the questions and answer as honestly as possible. All values are in $USD. Hope that doesn't confuse anyone.

Thank you for taking the time to help me out and assist me in my educational endeavors. I really do appreciate it. If you require additional information or have any questions, please ask.

Thank you!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/cyclingresearch

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Unfortunately I think your survey will largely fall on deaf ears here as this forum is largely a British one so asking people to respond about values in dollars will be confusing to most and then asking at the end for a zip code will also be pretty useless to you surely, you'll just get a load of UK postcodes that mean nothing to you.

Good luck anyway though :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Agree with above.

Also, even if I don't have a "dream bike" I want to purchase, you make me answer the next question about how much I want to spend on it.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    They'll turn anything into a course at uni these days. Right up there with Golf Course Maintenance...
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Grill wrote:
    They'll turn anything into a course at uni these days. Right up there with Golf Course Maintenance...

I know someone who did that course and he's a green keeper in the states now earning six figures.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Bozman wrote:
    Grill wrote:

I know someone who did that course and he's a green keeper in the states now earning six figures.

Ask him to fill in flatericatgmail's survey then :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Suggest the OP puts this in the Crud Catcher and Bottom Bracket, will get the response it clearly deserves.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    arran77 wrote:
    Bozman wrote:
    Grill wrote:

Ask him to fill in flatericatgmail's survey then :wink:

:lol:
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • As part of my studies as a Grad Student studying cycling and sport business, I'm conducting research on the consumer habits of cyclists.

Because this forum is clearly chocked-full of pedalphiles, I wanted to invite you guys to participate in my research study by completing a quick survey I put together.

It consists of ten multiple-choice questions and it will require no more than 3-5 minutes of your time to complete.

I am not collecting any personally identifiable information. If you choose to participate in this project, please answer all the questions and answer as honestly as possible. All values are in $USD. Hope that doesn't confuse anyone.

Thank you for taking the time to help me out and assist me in my educational endeavors. I really do appreciate it. If you require additional information or have any questions, please ask.

Thank you!

Making a joke about "pedalphiles" is not the best of going about a research project.

What university/college are you from?
    Where are your contact details?
    Where is the participant information sheet?
    Where is the consent form?
    Have you completed an ethics form and sought approval from your faculty?
  • As part of my studies as a Grad Student studying cycling and sport business, I'm conducting research on the consumer habits of cyclists.

Thank you!

Making a joke about "pedalphiles" is not the best of going about a research project.

What university/college are you from?
    Where are your contact details?
    Where is the participant information sheet?
    Where is the consent form?
    Have you completed an ethics form and sought approval from your faculty?

Can't take the survey myself as it asks for a US zip code.

This answer is a bit much for a 3 minute survey though.