504 Gateway Time-out

navrig2
navrig2 Posts: 1,833
Again and again and again.

Four different devices, 2 office/home networks and on 3G.

Good to see everything running smoothly between full page pop up adverts for rubbish, requests to do surveys with no option to Opt Out and time outs stopping access.

Heaven help us if the owners ever try to make somthing tangible....

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It seems to happen at just after the hour, bizarre. It has been raised in the office section for the admin, but little more I can do I am afraid.
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,833
    It seems to me, then, that this particular sub-forum is pointless.
  • supersonic
    The devs read it, we pass messages on - they then put things in a time scale. So no, it is not pointless.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Navrig2 wrote:
    It seems to me, then, that this particular sub-forum is pointless.

Maybe not.....

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40033&t=12981144

The main man is aware of it and reckons it's a 'glitch' :wink:

I'm sure once the pop up adverts and annoying surveys are sorted out they'll be onto it quick as lightning :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • arran77
    supersonic wrote:
    It seems to happen at just after the hour, bizarre. It has been raised in the office section for the admin, but little more I can do I am afraid.

Definitely something to do with just past the hour, it's been happening all day at a few minutes past each hour :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Still happening - every day for me :(
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    me too - regular as clockwork. See what I did there...
  • arran77
    Imposter wrote:
    me too - regular as clockwork. See what I did there...

Indeed....you can set your watch by it, starts at 2 minutes past the hour and lasts 3 minutes :wink:

seanoconn
  • reckon BR need to get on to their server provider and give 'em both barrels or sack them off and use someone else.
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    Just happened to me for the past 5 mins.
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    I'm left with the opinion that nobody is taking any action to resolve this longstanding problem. The pattern of the occurrence of the problem is so regular you can set your watch by it. Therefore, it should be a simple matter to analyse and resolve. The fact that it is still ongoing is, frankly, a bad joke.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • NeXXus
    And again.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Well done. We know it is every hour on the hour. From 2 mins past to about 5 mins past.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • NeXXus
    So the problem with fixing it is?
  • 8 minutes to go.

Are you excited too?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    8 minutes to go.

Are you excited too?

was going to post how excited I was, but got the 504 Gateway message :)
  • Just like at work there is an upgrade that messes things up. General practice is to roll back until it is fixed then re-release it live.

For a few days it is supportable but for a few weeks it is not really acceptable.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    deleted.
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Boil an egg?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • And again.
  • This is still happening. 100% reproducible and thus you would have thought fixable! Just because this thread isn't 100's of pages long doesn't mean it is only experienced by a few users. It's the type of issue many users wouldn't report. Poor show that no updates are on here as to when this will be fixed- hardly encourages users to report problems does it?
  • Stevo_666
    4 weeks on from the original report of this problem and it still hasn't been fixed :( Are your IT people unable to fix it or have they not tried yet?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • supersonic
    I am as annoyed as you lot, seems we are flying pilotless at the moment, not heard anything for ages. It's making a mockery of the work we put in (unpaid).
  • Stevo_666
    supersonic wrote:
    I am as annoyed as you lot, seems we are flying pilotless at the moment, not heard anything for ages. It's making a mockery of the work we put in (unpaid).
    I realise that the modmins can only pass on messages to IT - I was hoping you'd do it with some steel toecapped boots on this time :twisted: Or get them to read the thread so they can see how frustrated people are getting with this...
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    As sonic said we are tired of requesting changes and fixes and nothing gets done, but as said we are flying pilot-less at the moment, not even sure where Jeff is?
  • arran77
    Velonutter wrote:
    As sonic said we are tired of requesting changes and fixes and nothing gets done, but as said we are flying pilot-less at the moment, not even sure where Jeff is?

In that case how about some one who actually gives a shite about this place steps up to the plate because it seems like those in charge at the moment certainly don't care what happens here :evil:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Velonutter wrote:
    The boss may not be around but presumably there is still an IT dept? I'm sure a lot of people would be happy to email them direct if you let us know who to contact...
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    I presume Jeff Jones has gone? I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that Immediate (site's new owners) were recruiting for a new 'global editor in chief' the other week...
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    He is still about but I think he has been out on the bike for a charity thing.

But as said we know about it and as and when we hear something you will know.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Velonutter wrote:
    The boss may not be around but presumably there is still an IT dept? I'm sure a lot of people would be happy to email them direct if you let us know who to contact...

Here you go Stevo, take your pick from these directors :lol:

http://www.immediate.co.uk/ourpeople/

seanoconn