First Day of Autumn, Tuesday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited September 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I had a rubbish day at work yesterday. Turns out that a system I updated doesn't work with the hardware, and to upgrade the hardware will cost approx £10k. Oops. Then I had another problem, so stole some IT equipment (which used to be mine) to solve it. They had a go at me, so I may have snapped back :twisted:

Today, I want to go out and either run or cycle. Time will tell.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

also having a shite time at work. the contract that I work on is up at the end of next month and they've only just started negotiations! They've asked me for a load of data that I can't supply without going to the client and now they're getting pissy with me. I've also found out that the client has been bad mouthing me in front of other contractors (he does it to everyone else so I'm not surprised really). but that's really pissed me off too.

time to quit I think. I've been umming and ahing just in case they make me redundant, I'd get a nice pay off. i'll hang on til the end of the month as I should hear what's happening with the contract, then i'll decide.

other than that, I'm out for a ride later

see ya
  • Farkin hell, I almost got knocked off this morning whilst on the M62. Someone in a flatbed truck didn't look over his shoulder, just went straight into the fast lane (where I was) forcing me into the central reservation and into a gutter!

Luckily the bloke behind me saw what was happening and slammed on his brakes, leaving me room to recover.

W4nkers.

(I'm now sat in an office where the bloke in front of me has just had a hushed tone phone call, and is now sat in his chair with his head in his hands. Think it was bad news :? )
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Glad you're ok TKM, that sounds like a change of undercrackers are in order. Also you don't need to whisper, the bloke in front can't hear you typing in big letters.
    Feeling like shoot this morning, cold has developed into manflu. Thankfully I had organised shirking from home today as there is a full compliment of staff in the office. I can get on and do a load of catalogue writing here without being bothered by customers and the phone. Tried to have a bit of a lie in but I'm surrounded by builders making noise. Not only the house next door but 3 others within spitting distance are having major work done. I hate the fugly loft conversions they do.
    I suppose I should make myself another cup of tea.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    knackered

Yesterday left home at 5.30am, in Swansea by 8.30, left the offices at 20.45, quick bit of food then carried on till 2am :(

Bright side, decent run along the beach this morning followed by massive pig based breakfast. Today is lots of work and then later balancing study/beer as it would be rude not to go out in Swansea.

laters
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Day is OK, was up at 4:30 today as I fly to India tonight and I like to bank an hour of Jetlag as soon as I can, plus it helps me sleep on the plane! (Redeye flight, takes off at 10pm)

So 20 hours of travelling coming, what joy!

Looking forward to building my first wheels when I get home, well wheel as I only have bits for the front so far!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Barely slept. At work. Don't want to be. No bacons.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Starting to feel like autumn, air is crisp today! Shame its only tuesday!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Afternoon,

Preparing for the stropfest tomorrow when my kid officially becomes a teenager. I need to find some form of chemical spotty boy deterrant as well to save me leaving young lads in ditches with heads pointing backwards. Ahh the joys :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon,

Preparing for the stropfest tomorrow when my kid officially becomes a teenager. I need to find some form of chemical spotty boy deterrant as well to save me leaving young lads in ditches with heads pointing backwards. Ahh the joys :)

If boys start turning up just take to answering the door wielding a chainsaw and wearing an ice hockey mask, that should ensure there's only one pair of balls in your house :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    I think it was Bruce Willis that said the first boy sniffing around his daughter would get torn limb from limb, then he'd hope word would get around to put any others off.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon,

Just heard Gt has been having a sniff around your manor! Will make a great son in law!

Anyhoo you miserable bunch, my day was a reet pile of 4rse, did nowt, went nowhere, bit of a boreathon. Did nick a pack of chocolate digestives off a colleagues desk, well they'll go off won't they!

Toodle pip girls.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    I wonder if something like this would work on spotty twerps, what with 2/3 of my household being left footers :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Has it started yet Stevo? Good luck and keep your head down.
  • Yep, typical autumn. Dry all day, arrive home and change into bike gear, massive downpour.

Changed out of bike stuff and did some ironing. Rad!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Has it started yet Stevo? Good luck and keep your head down.
    Yep, total lack of gratitude for the pressies and some grunted replies to my attempt at conversation. She just needs to start swinging her arms, Kevin style and the transformation is complete :roll:

Any changes at your end?
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    [Any changes at your end?
    No, much the same considering he was already a teenager. I did have to have a go at him yesterday for lack of communication and taking his mother for granted. I completely changed into my Dad during that conversation. The scary thing is by the standards of a teenage boy he's actually very good.
  • bg13
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    No, much the same considering he was already a teenager. I did have to have a go at him yesterday for lack of communication and taking his mother for granted. I completely changed into my Dad during that conversation. The scary thing is by the standards of a teenage boy he's actually very good.

is there some matchmaking going on here?

should i buy a hat?

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    bg13 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

is there some matchmaking going on here?

should i buy a hat?
    I think it's too early for V68 junior (V98?) to be on the offenders register...
  • veronese68
    I'm sure he'll find his way on there soon enough.
  • bg13
    Veronese68 wrote:

So that's Gt and V68 Jnr in the running, think you already have a job on Stevo!

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    bg13 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

I'm tooled up and ready for when I answer the door :)

maxresdefault.jpg
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

I'm tooled up and ready for when I answer the door :)

maxresdefault.jpg

Glad to see you took my advice :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Glad to see you took my advice :lol:
    I can also do quite a good impersonation of this bloke :wink:

my_terminator_2_t1000_cinemagraph-78296.gif