Those one piece Ultegra chainset bolts

Colinthecop
Colinthecop Posts: 996
edited September 2014 in Road general
Someone has stolen one of my Ultegra chainset bolts.

Looking to get a replacement, all the online retailers only seem to sell those two piece ones...

Anyone know where I can get a replacement...?

I've tried going round checking bike racks but I can't find an unattended bike with an Ultegra groupset.... :?

Comments

• Have you contacted the police? Oh, wait ...
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • I tried, but they were too busy eating donuts or persecuting motorists or whatever it is they do...
  • Maybe it just fell out? I've had that happen.

Try Ebay for a nice Ti one.
  • Absolutely not... No way would it fall out. For it to fall out it must have been loose.

That would be an admission that my attempt at bike building is on par with my brick laying.

Any brickies out there - I take my hat off to you.
  • W12_Lad
    W12_Lad Posts: 184
    I, only yesterday, took one of the ultegra single bolts and screwed it in to my 5700 double bolt to see if it was the same size. It is.
    So you can buy the double bolt and just use the important half in the Ultegra.
    One point though is that I noticed the Ultegra bolt, protruded further by a couple of mm so I guess it's slightly longer.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    These should fit, bit pricey though but!
    http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/shimano-fc-7 ... prod32364/
  • Ooh, bit pricey... But I might have to bite the bullet and buy the full set.

W12 lad wrote:
    I, only yesterday, took one of the ultegra single bolts and screwed it in to my 5700 double bolt to see if it was the same size. It is.

I tried the threaded side a two piece bolt from a Tiagra chainset and that didn't fit. :?
    Try Ebay for a nice Ti one.

Tried and failed, you got a link Berni...?