Argon 18 gallium pro 2013

patsavage
patsavage Posts: 15
edited September 2014 in Your road bikes
Hi guys, this is my first post, thought i would share my new bike. Just picked it up today.

Its the new 2013 argon with chorus 11, campagnolo bullet ultra 50, fizik arione, and deda bar/stem. Finished also with the new fizik premium bar tape which is very nice and thick but a little hard to wrap.

Heres a couple of pictures to look at, but not great unfortunately.

img0324i.jpg

img0323hc.jpg

img0322eb.jpg

It would be good to hear some opinions of it, hopefully some are as fond mine.

Patrick.

Comments

• secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,099
    Properly stealth. Love the red bits as a contrast to the black.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • freebs
    freebs Posts: 199
    Nice rig. Enjoy!
  • Very, very nice. Enjoy!
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    SecretSam wrote:
    Properly stealth. Love the red bits as a contrast to the black.

Sick bike.
  • The wheels look like they're moving! BUT THEY'RE NOT!!!!!
  • I agree, I was running a Cervelo S5 2012 during the summer and whilst I loved the look, the ride and the brand, I was constantly disappointed with the build quality. I had two S5 frames changed within 3 months due to build quality and finish. I then went for the Argon 18 Gallium Pro 2013.

It is a great ride and I would say better than the S5 for all round ability. I would recommend highly.

Finished bike pics attached.
  • dereko
    dereko Posts: 55
    Looks superb
    My friend has the 2011(?) version of this in gloss white with red and black
    He would literally wet his pants over this !
  • owl.jpg
  • That is sweet, I do like the look of their bikes, and you don't see many about, at least not around these parts. As someone else said the red bits and the frame/wheel decals look really good as opposed to the full on stealth look.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    smart, like that...
  • Very nice. Is this the one with the lower BB? They introduced a 75mm drop BB which sounds interesting apart from crit racing. For reference most road bikes have somewhere betwen 67 to 70mm vertical drop from a horizontal line betwen the axles to the center of the BB. It lowers the whole rider, saddle, and head tube by the same amount. A physicist could then argue how much lower the CoG is and if that's stabler.

Look fast. How much does she weigh?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • It's one of, if not the most comfortable bikes I've ridden. It's also faster than my old S5 Cervelo, which I do miss purely for looks but it's not everyone's cup of tea. The Argon is stiff yet forgiving and just feels faster when riding. Cervelo S5 pics here - just for the hell of it. The only other bike that I would say is up there in comparison is the Parlee.
  • Resurrecting an old thread here, but I'd be grateful for any views from you guys who've been riding an Argon 18 Gallium Pro for a while. I'm considering the 2015 version, which I'm told is the same frame as the 2014 but just with slightly different colours (!); sadly my LBS doesn't have the 2014 frame in my size. I hear that its very comfortable and responsive - but what about those of you who've had one for a while?
  • Lovely looking bike, never see any of Argons road bikes out and about. Gonna do some googling
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group