my 2015 Tarmac Sworks

Devastazione
Devastazione Posts: 280
edited October 2014 in Your road bikes
Got my cookie cutter a week ago :D . It's still 35° C here and it's my first week of cycling after 4 months of total stop :?
Coming from a 2012 Roubaix I find this bike to be very rewarding but a lot less forgiving. 6.7 kg with pedals and 2 bottle holders,I'm sure I can do better than that but I have no rush. Yeah I know,saddle pouch is ugly but I don't see it while i ride,and I need it big time.
[url]2urp0cl.jpg[/url]
Specialized Tarmac Sworks
Canyon Spectral 8.9

Comments

• These frames have never suited my eye but somehow that looks good - it must be the subtle white on black. Good stuff.

Enjoy!
  • Thanks. Yes,the white accents works well in smoothing down the all black look. Matte paint is quite fragile tho....
    Canyon Spectral 8.9
  • Do you have any drive side pics?
  • that's a stunning bike mate
  • Well tidy, impressed !

Regards
    Cervelo R3
    Tarmac Elite
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    looks great

but what do you mean about the paint?
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    like it, understated...
  • matthew h wrote:
    looks great

but what do you mean about the paint?

Sorry for the late reply. I kept reading around about how fragile and prone to stains/dirt is the matte paint but never belived that much as the beauty of the thing comes long before the eventual drawbacks,but then I've bought a matte black painted frame and pretty much understood what the fuss was all about. Touch the paint with a sweated finger and the stain stays there until the next bike wash. Specialized played it smart by painting the tob tube in glossy detail as the sweat would have pobably turned the frame in a saline disgrace. Also be sure to dry the frame accordingly after you've washed it because simple water drops will leave marks too.
    About scratches if seems that it takes a very little nothing to scratch the paint,it's not a real scratch but it's still scary when it happens.
    Positive note : no need to wax the bike anymore as I was used to do with my old non matte Roubaix. Needless to say wax + matte paint is a big no no :?
    Canyon Spectral 8.9
  • Oh, uh... a killer whale! :mrgreen:
    left the forum March 2023