Specialized (and other makes) warranty advice

2»

Comments

• poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    JGTR wrote:
    Thought I was right!!

This Limited Warranty is made on new Specialized bicycles or framesets purchased from an authorised Specialized dealer. In order to exercise your rights under this limited warranty, the bicycle or frameset must be presented to an authorised Specialized dealer, together with a proof of purchase. Should this bicycle, frameset or any part be determined by Specialized to be covered by this warranty, it will be repaired or replaced, at Specialized’s sole option, which will be conclusive and binding.

http://www.specializedconceptstore.co.uk/warranty

Chelmsford ship is a Specialized Concept Store so I'm pretty sure is an "authorised" dealer!

you forget that people on here are always right :lol:

there are different types of warranties.

manufacturer, seller, aftermarket then on top of that you have the sale of goods act which is protection you have and that is directly with the seller and you have the 2 year EU directive which gives you 2 years warranty protection.

like you posted above the manufacturer warranty means the company will pay for the parts but not the labour to fit them however as part of their dealer agreement for being an authorised dealer they should do the work. I can take my mavic wheels to any MP3 service shop and get them fixed. The only time the seller is contractually obliged to deal with it is when you have a seller warranty, when you are dealing with the sale of goods act or when the warranty specificlly says you have to take it to the place you bought it from.
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Just try reading it, it's all there in. English, we are not disputing you can take it to any dealer, but that is ONLY because it says you can, you have no automatic right that a warranty means that you can.

Are you one of those people who must have the last word......you're not my wife are you? :lol:
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No, actually I'm trying to help you by educating you as to the truth........
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.