Singapore GP Saturday thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,831
edited September 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning

Shoot sleep despite visiting the pub. Talking of the pub, my mate & I spent ages discussing what cycling challenge to do next year - you could spot our wives eyes rolling from the bar :roll:

Today is part of my signature as I study all day, later is the pub for a couple of pints then back home whilst the wife goes to the theatre and I carry on studying/watching the qualifying (providing I can avoid the results)

Right onwards to more tea

Comments

• bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Got down the smoke ok, had a good few scoops and now feel a bit ropey.

I can see the shard from my hotel window, quite an impressive erection!

Off to promise all future monies to some dodgy French real estate weasel!

Need burnt piggy bits first though!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    matthew h wrote:
    Talking of the pub, my mate & I spent ages discussing what cycling challenge to do next year - you could spot our wives eyes rolling from the bar :roll:
    Try some downhill ya big wuss :) Alternatively be a big girls blouse and do the Ride 100. I've put my entry in with a mate as I had to sell my place this year :(

Done loads this morning while EPO and stropchild are out doing their stuff. Bought new trainers, taken piles of crap to the dump, washed manky body armour and ogled saturday girls in Waitrose while supping the free coffee :) Not bad so far. Later will be footy, not that crappy pub football The Mule watches mind you :wink:

bg - enjoy your weekend in the centre of the known universe.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Talking of the pub, my mate & I spent ages discussing what cycling challenge to do next year - you could spot our wives eyes rolling from the bar :roll:
    Try some downhill ya big wuss :) Alternatively be a big girls blouse and do the Ride 100. I've put my entry in with a mate as I had to sell my place this year :(

ride London entered - downhill..... need to sort that out as well :)
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    The offer's there if you can make it to South Wales some time. Ditto the loan of the Bruiser (don't listen to all that arranbollox about doing it on a hardtail :) )
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    The offer's there if you can make it to South Wales some time. Ditto the loan of the Bruiser (don't listen to all that arranbollox about doing it on a hardtail :) )

in South Wales Monday - Wednesday.............................. but working :(

Let me know when you are next going - I like the idea of having a play :)
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Will do - they're fully booked on our next trip to Bike Park Wales (just before half term) but we're looking at one mid to late November, probably on a Friday.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Will do - they're fully booked on our next trip to Bike Park Wales (just before half term) but we're looking at one mid to late November, probably on a Friday.

:D
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Evening losers :D

The holiday continues and today I've seen more crabs than one of GT's mums punters, shame the kids threw them all back in the sea :lol:

Tonight will mainly involve chilling out, this Dorset air is tiring :D
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    arran77 wrote:

where in Dorset are you?
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

where in Dorset are you?

Today we were at Mudeford Quay but we're staying in Barton on Sea which is just over into 'ampshire, staying at a friends holiday place for a few days to chill out after everything Mrs 77's been through the last 6 months.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

where in Dorset are you?

Today we were at Mudeford Quay but we're staying in Barton on Sea which is just over into 'ampshire, staying at a friends holiday place for a few days to chill out after everything Mrs 77's been through the last 6 months.

Great, my reason for asking was I had some great restaurant recommendation- but they were exmouth based! Honestly hope you have a great time, you deserve it
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening, I'm properly fooked. Just got back from doing the off road London to Brighton. How about that for next year Matt? I would not recommend doing it on a CX bike though. The bike was a bit better than an MTB for most of the rides, but on the downhill stretches it was terrifying. I couldn't hold a line as it was bouncing all over the place, it got so bumpy at speed I could hardly see. Still only one off as a result, in spite of losing the front a couple of times.
    Got to Brighton at 2pm, then went to eat at my sisters followed by falling asleep on her couch.
    I think I might ache tomorrow
  • tlw1
    Great idea v68

Lots of bars in Brighton too :)
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

where in Dorset are you?

Great, my reason for asking was I had some great restaurant recommendation- but they were exmouth based! Honestly hope you have a great time, you deserve it

seanoconn
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    matthew h wrote:
    Great idea v68

CC L2B followed by Matt H showing us all how to get H'd properly in Brighton?
  • tlw1
    Antm81 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Great idea v68

CC L2B followed by Matt H showing us all how to get H'd properly in Brighton?

Bar killing hookers and blow........ Cycling and drinking are my favourite things
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Evening, I'm properly fooked up.
    Got to Brighton at 2pm, then went to eat my sister followed by falling asleep on her.

I reckon you are!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    bg13 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Evening, I'm properly fooked up.
    Got to Brighton at 2pm, then went to eat my sister followed by falling asleep on her.

I reckon you are!
    Not wrong. Ouch.