• Gutted for you..
  • Gutted for you..
    Thank you :wink:
  • Installed.......

imagejpg1_zps8925dc17.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsed67bdcf.jpg
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Nice, a few sets over the years, I find my latest set has lost a couple of pins though. Never had a problem with grip even with the pins missing.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Hint for the future - DMR are made by Wellgo, who sell under their own brand name a lot cheaper.
    Wellgo MG1 are cheaper, lighter, bigger and better.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    cooldad wrote:
    Hint for the future - DMR are made by Wellgo, who sell under their own brand name a lot cheaper.

Actually the V12 Mag's are lighter than the MG1's :wink: The new V12's are a significant improvement over the old ones being based on the Vault's. I'd still spend the extra on Vault's though, best pedals I've ever used.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    SPD.......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    peter413 wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

Actually the V12 Mag's are lighter than the MG1's :wink: The new V12's are a significant improvement over the old ones being based on the Vault's. I'd still spend the extra on Vault's though, best pedals I've ever used.
    DMR Mags are £56, MG1s are half the price.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • peter413
    cooldad wrote:
    peter413 wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

DMR Mags are £56, MG1s are half the price.

Fully aware of the price however part of your argument for them being better was wrong which is why I highlighted it. Vault's are about 3 times the price of MG1's but that doesn't stop then being a much better pedal.
  • Jesus what happened to just saying nice purchase mate and they look good. It's what he wanted to buy and yeah so what cheaper stuff out there but that's goes with anything.
    Hope you enjoy your pedals mate
  • F*** me its only pedals whatever floats you boat I guess..
  • Jesus what happened to just saying nice purchase mate and they look good. It's what he wanted to buy and yeah so what cheaper stuff out there but that's goes with anything.
    Hope you enjoy your pedals mate

Thank you. !
  • It's not that there it's pedals it could have been anything but God there is some serious negativity about
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If we all posted every purchase this forum would be dire, by posting up a pair of pedals the OP set themselves up for a bit of a fall really.

For the record this week I've bought a front hub, some rims, some nipples, some spokes, the wheelpro book and a nipple driver to do my new wheels, also a seatpost shim, some zero tablets and an UN55 BB for a mate.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    If we all posted every purchase this forum would be dire, by posting up a pair of pedals the OP set themselves up for a bit of a fall really.

For the record this week I've bought a front hub, some rims, some nipples, some spokes, the wheelpro book and a nipple driver to do my new wheels, also a seatpost shim, some zero tablets and an UN55 BB for a mate.

We'll done !
  • peter413
    The Rookie wrote:

What he said. Fair enough if you're going to post a meaningful review but just saying look what I bought isn't needed. As harsh as it sounds they aren't even slightly special pedals. Posts like this belong in the Your Rides section showing off your bike.

I also can't really see anything negative. Cooldad made some valid points as I feel I did. Neither of us said the OP shouldn't have bought them, just that there are better which was always going to happen.
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    To be fair, it's probably easier to start a thread about your bike and post changes in there, makes it easier to follow and shows how your bike evolves.
  • I see the points about the site been dire if people post about everything they buy etc but I do think sometimes these forums and not just bike radar can get people who forget that people just want a bit of advice or opinions from people in the know and sometimes these people come across as negative in their response. I totally get that not everyone's posts are interesting or what certain people are after but then we are not all in the know.