Short rides around Telford

galatzo
galatzo Posts: 1,295
Hi
Got 3 nights in Telford with work next week and wondered if anyone has any suggestions for a nice rideout ?
Probably 2 hours max given it’s getting dark earlier and not sure what time I’ll be done from work each night.
Obvious choice is towards Ironbridge and Much Wenlock but any tips greatly received.
And any recommended eating and drinking establishments too.

Cheers
25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.

Comments

• I'm not usually a fan of out and back routes but I had a day in Telford earlier this year, and I'd definitely recommend the drive to Church Stretton to go up the Burway (The Long Mynd)...head over the top all the way and down Asterton Bank (hold tight, it's super steep). When you get the bottom, turn around and swear/grind your way up Asterton Bank, praying that no cars are coming down past the gliding club to hinder your progress. The descent back in to Church Stretton is quick and flowing, with great views down into the valley to your left.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Try the A4169 to Much Wenlock, B4378 past Shipton, minor road to Longville on the Dale, back to Much Wenlock, the go via Brosely, Ironbridge and back to Telford,
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    A bit late seeing this but a few thoughts...

B4380 Buildwas to Wroxeter then a short stretch on the B5061 (old A5), right just before A5 overpass for Uppington and go over the North shoulder of the Wrekin, through Little Wenlock and either a steep drop down into Coalbrookdale or across to Horsehay.

B4380 Buildwas - Eaton Constantine - Cressage - Acton Burnell - Pitchford - Berrington - Cross Houses - Atcham - Wroxeter - Leighton.

B4394 Admaston - Walcot - Norton - Atcham - Upton Magna - join B5062 at Haughton then Roden - High Ercall - Cotwall and B5063 towards Wellington.

B5063 via Shawbury to A49. Left and join A49 briefly to Preston Brockhurst, right at sharp corner to Clive - Yorton - B5476 to Harmer Hill - left to Hadnall - Astley - Bings Heath - Haughton - Rodington - Walcot - Admaston.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.