Newbie from Hull

cube1961
cube1961 Posts: 76
edited September 2014 in MTB beginners
Hi guys
Just bought my first ever MB at the age of 52 lol...last bike I had was when I was 12 !!
Its a Cube AMS 120 that i have started modding already

New saddle
DMR pedals

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Blimey you're even older than (un)Cooldad....who is much older than my tender 48.

Nice bike but it may die of shame with the rear mudguard you've fitted! :D

Saddle looks like it needs to go up a bit, too low and you'll kill your knees.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Welcome to the forum.
    Nice bike- but Rookie's right. Loose the mudguard, raise the seat and probably worth investing in some decent pedals too. :wink:
    (The stock ones that come with new bikes are worth about £3 and will be no good in anything other than perfect weather whle riding on a prefectly flat road.)
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • Nice bike pal, perfect bike for your local area
  • Welcome to the forum.
    Nice bike- but Rookie's right. Loose the mudguard, raise the seat and probably worth investing in some decent pedals too. :wink:
    (The stock ones that come with new bikes are worth about £3 and will be no good in anything other than perfect weather whle riding on a prefectly flat road.)

Thanks bought a set of DMR,s today
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    raise the seat

Fair comment but I wouldn't just say do it because it looks low in a picture, you have no idea how tall he is or he could have baby legs and a huge upper body.
  • Raised the seat today ...much better thanks guys
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    cube1961 wrote:
    Raised the seat today ...much better thanks guys

Rule of thumb is when the pedal is at the lowest point your leg should be almost fully extended but not locked out (straight).

Just keep playing with it till it feels comfortable.