Garmin Heart rate monitor o ring replacement

robbroo
robbroo Posts: 42
edited September 2014 in MTB general
I use a Garmin HRM (HRM 1G)....and lost the o ring when i replaced the battery....oops. contacted Garmin about getting a replacement. They wont provide a replacement, nor can the give you the size to allow you to source a replacement.

long story short. i have bought a replacement. actually i have bought 50!...if anyone finds themselves in a similar circumstance i am happy to post a couple on for a £1.00 to cover postage etc.
Robbroo

Comments

• Could you post up some details of size/where you got them please.Might give an insight of where to buy them local to me.Thanks.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    robbroo wrote:
    I use a Garmin HRM (HRM 1G)....and lost the o ring when i replaced the battery....oops. contacted Garmin about getting a replacement. They wont provide a replacement, nor can the give you the size to allow you to source a replacement.

long story short. i have bought a replacement. actually i have bought 50!...if anyone finds themselves in a similar circumstance i am happy to post a couple on for a £1.00 to cover postage etc.

....well I understood you.!
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • I understood you too,but I don't live in the UK and I did'nt want to be cheeky and ask you to send me some due to postage costs etc etc.
  • diplodicus
    diplodicus Posts: 711
    Hi robbroo

I would like some as I too lost mine when replacing battery. I have tried to seal with other methods but only ended up with a wet battery after a couple of rides :oops:

Cheers
  • diplodicus
    diplodicus Posts: 711
    Hi robbroo I have sent a pm but not sure if it worked or not. First time user of the pm system.
    Cheers
  • Nightmare , ive just lost mine aswell ,

Does anyone know where i can purchase one ? They are so small its probably in the hoover bag :oops:

Now the readings are playing up because the battery gets wet inside.

Cant seem to find any replacements online, do i have to purchase a whole new HRM just because of this tiny o - ring ?
  • if it's any help I found myself in same situation and found this supplier on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Viton-O-Rings-1mm-Cross-Section-10-Pack-Choose-Your-Size-/400353228679?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item5d36e97787

You want to get the 23mm ID x 1mm CS ones

Mine came this morning and they are a perfect fit.
  • Nice one mate ,

I actually found mine again , and yeah it was inside the hoover bag :lol:

But i will grab some of these just incase it happens again.

Thanks .