Thread disappeared from Classifieds

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
I was looking at buying something from this thread

viewtopic.php?f=40091&t=12985281

I looked at it this morning and it was there...now it's gone.

Unfortunately I didn't note who set up the original ad, however it was on the 1st couple of pages and now it's gone?

Comments

• drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Was the add a month old, as they drop off after a month I think?
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Or perhaps it was the usual over-zealous moderation of the Classifieds. I stuck up a reply on a thread for an item I'd bought, but was putting back for sale again and in the time it took me to get the flickr link for the photograph I'd had a PM'd "Board warning" and the thread locked. Less than two minutes.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Anonymous
    It was on the first couple of pages and someone had replied asking what shoe size he was so can't have been that old? I was after a saddle
  • Anonymous
    Also it wasn't locked, as it had pictures and prices etc. Just vanished.

Mods? I quite want that saddle!
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    Or perhaps it was the usual over-zealous moderation of the Classifieds. I stuck up a reply on a thread for an item I'd bought, but was putting back for sale again and in the time it took me to get the flickr link for the photograph I'd had a PM'd "Board warning" and the thread locked. Less than two minutes.

Strikes me that the Mods have a league table recording how many threads they can delete from the Classifieds section!

They all sit there, mouse and index finger poised waiting for an illicit post to appear and POW it's gone. :wink:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Navrig2 wrote:
    Or perhaps it was the usual over-zealous moderation of the Classifieds. I stuck up a reply on a thread for an item I'd bought, but was putting back for sale again and in the time it took me to get the flickr link for the photograph I'd had a PM'd "Board warning" and the thread locked. Less than two minutes.

Strikes me that the Mods have a league table recording how many threads they can delete from the Classifieds section!

They all sit there, mouse and index finger poised waiting for an illicit post to appear and POW it's gone. :wink:

Do you reckon they have a monthly quota to achieve and when they get towards the end of the month it's an easy win to hang about in classifieds if they're still a bit off target :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    arran77 wrote:
    Navrig2 wrote:

Do you reckon they have a monthly quota to achieve and when they get towards the end of the month it's an easy win to hang about in classifieds if they're still a bit off target :lol:

That's it or they see an advert for something they want and "delete" it thus stopping any competition to buy it.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Or people could just post an advert that follows the rules ;-)
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    supersonic wrote:
    Or people could just post an advert that follows the rules ;-)

Where's the fun in that :roll: :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Anonymous
    I'm sorry Ss but that sounds like rubbish to me. The guy had prices and photos and all the relevant criteria. Plus normally of an ad breaches then it's locked with the usual message.

Can I have an honest reply please
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    There are over 180 actions in the Mod Log since Monday, your link cannot tell us who the poster was, so it is impossible to advise with any more details.

If I like most of the team take action on a post then I always tell the person why and what I have done to their post, you can demand all you want, but we cannot provide what we are not able to provide....sorry.

Time to lock this thread as there is nothing that can be done.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    coriordan wrote:
    I'm sorry Ss but that sounds like rubbish to me. The guy had prices and photos and all the relevant criteria. Plus normally of an ad breaches then it's locked with the usual message.

Can I have an honest reply please

I wasn't replying to you, but was quoting in general. As has been stated, it is impossible to trace now and is likely to have breached rules like many do. Posts can be deleted without warning - as it says in the rules too.
This discussion has been closed.