Routes in Surrey?

theoallen
theoallen Posts: 35
edited September 2014 in Routes
Has anyone done any riding in the Surrey area?

Im looking for some routes that are near me in Guildford, but are nice enough for a beginner like myself to tackle easily!

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    There's vast quantities of riding to your east in the Surrey Hills. Head to Peaslake on a Saturday and join in with some other riders is probably the best way to find it all!
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    theoallen wrote:
    Has anyone done any riding in the Surrey area?

Im looking for some routes that are near me in Guildford, but are nice enough for a beginner like myself to tackle easily!

I'm in Guildford - come and join the Charlotteville CC on Sundays 9am from Spectrum. First Sunday of the month is the "beginners" ride, around 30 miles, increasing during the month to the last Sunday which is the long one.

Lots of routes around Guildford, what kind of distance and climbing are you thinking of?
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Also consider heading north a bit (as well as SH). Tunnel Hill (Mytchett), Ceasars Camp (Farnham), Swinley (Bracknell) are all worth a visit.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • njee20
    come and join the Charlotteville CC on Sundays 9am from Spectrum. First Sunday of the month is the "beginners" ride, around 30 miles, increasing during the month to the last Sunday which is the long one.

Road though, he posted in the MTB forum...
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    njee20 wrote:
    come and join the Charlotteville CC on Sundays 9am from Spectrum. First Sunday of the month is the "beginners" ride, around 30 miles, increasing during the month to the last Sunday which is the long one.

Road though, he posted in the MTB forum...

Ah yes, good point. Didn;t see that oops :oops:

I only know of MTB trails in the Peaslake and Winterfold area (north of Cranleigh)
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Head down the Downslink (along the canal where the ducks are near the station). A few miles down there's a left off to St Marys. Easy enough start but gets you out of town.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    Obviously if you drive, there is better stuff as above.
    Have a look here
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/joinaraide/
    Regular stuff in SH, or the London Calling link below.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Park in Blackheath, there's a cracking bit of Downs-link that leads along to the canal from there. Sadly the Villagers pub is closed though.
  • njee20
    Eh? Why would you drive away from Guildford to ride back towards it? Why not just ride out of Guildford...?
  • cooldad
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^
    If you're going to drive that way, a few minutes further and you've got the whole SH to play in.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    A bit further, but Hindhead has some pretty great trails, and crooksbury Hill and Puttenham common about 10 minutes from you near Elstead has some good trails too.