Marlow Red Kite Ride

fnb1
fnb1 Posts: 591
Anyone else take part yesterday? Great ride with organisation and catering that puts many of the 'bigger' events to shame, they also organised decent weather :-)
fay ce que voudres

Comments

• Why paying money to do that, when you can do this for free?

viewtopic.php?f=40007&t=12952602

Blatant advertising, I know... :oops:
    left the forum March 2023
  • Why paying money to do that, when you can do this for free?

viewtopic.php?f=40007&t=12952602

Blatant advertising, I know... :oops:

Not very effective advertising, mind

(I assume this sticky is the one you meant to link to...) :wink:
  • Agree... attempts to organise rides are mostly unpopular... it seems people are very keen to talk, but less so to pedal... :wink:

Last time we put together 5 1/2 members... the half is BobbinoGS, who nearly made it to the start in time, but not quite
    left the forum March 2023
  • Myself and two friends cycled the 50 miler on Sunday...third time...great event now.
  • I did the long course in 5 hours averaging about 32kph. It was a gorgeous day but my new shorts rubbed me in all the wrong places :-(

The course was too flat for me. More hills or at least some rises would have got me out of the saddle more and maybe saved a bit of ... umm....wear and tear on the old undercarriage.

I wished there were some peeps to ride with but many people were taking it easy so it was a 160km ITT.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.