HF-FM066SL

ToffieBoi
ToffieBoi Posts: 14
edited February 2015 in Your road bikes
Hello everyone. This is my first post on the forum.
Here is my Hongfu FM066SL.

2014_09_07_13_04_31.jpg

Part List;
Frame: Hongfu FM-066SL 56cm
Forks: Hongfu SP006
Bars: 3T Ergonova Pro 42cm
Stem: Kalloy Uno 7 120mm (decals removed with acetone)
Headset: Neco
Bar Tape: S-Works Cork (Black)+ Deda Cork (Yellow)

Shifters: Dura-Ace 9000
Cables: Dura-Ace Polymer Cables
Front Mech: Ultegra 6800
Rear Mech: Ultegra 6800
Brake Caliper: Ultegra 6800 with stock pads
Cranks: Ultegra 6800 - 172.5mm 52/36
Bottom Bracket: Ultegra 6800
Cassette: Ultegra 6800 25/11
Chain: KMC X11SL Gold
Pedals: Speedplay Zero Cro-Moly White

Seat: Specialized Romin Evo Expert
Seat Post: Hongfu FK-066
Seat Post Clamp: Krex CNC

Front Wheel: Token C28A
Rim: KinLin CX279
Spokes: Pillar PSR1422
Hub: Token Arsenal
Tube: Michelin A1 Latex 22/23mm
Tire: Michelin Pro4 Service Course 25mm

Back Wheel: Token C28A
Rim: KinLin CX279
Spokes: Pillar PSR1422
Hub: Token Arsenal
Tube: Michelin A1 Latex 22/23mm
Tire: Michelin Pro4 Service Course 25mm

Mudguard: Ass Saver Extended (For winter commute and trainings)
Computer: Garmin Edge510 Asia with Garmin Mount and GSC10
Bottle Cages: Zipp Alumina

Weight: 7300 grams including Garmin, Pedals, Cages and Ass Saver

Comments

• dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    What's that sticking out of the back of the saddle?
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    dwanes wrote:

Probably an Ass Saver
  • Ass Saver extended, as per his parts list ;-)
  • More pics?
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • dwanes wrote:

Its an Ass Saver. Extended version.
    I am using this bike as commuter too, thats why I need it for going work.

Miles253 wrote:
    More pics?

All pictures of the bike I have is with older equipments so I didn't want to post them.
    I will take some today after the Before Weekend maintenance.
  • Lovely looking bike. you've got love a nice dark frame and style.
  • Lovely looking bike. you've got love a nice dark frame and style.

Thanks.

Here are more photos from today;
    2014_09_12_18_01_25.jpg
    2014_09_12_18_01_34.jpg
    2014_09_12_18_03_55.jpg
    2014_09_12_18_04_05.jpg
    2014_09_12_18_04_20.jpg

In close future, I am getting 40mm, 27mm wide carbon wheels.
    Also currently looking for S-Works saddle, 23mm tires for regular rides.
  • Looks lovely, fancying some custom decals or you sticking with black?
  • Miles253 wrote:
    Looks lovely, fancying some custom decals or you sticking with black?
    Thanks. I think I will stick with black. Maybe on head-tube, something funny. Like Guinness symbol from a can or something, but nothing else so far.
    Fair play, not bad frames at all for the money. If you looked closely you'd have seen one being ridden in the ToB first few stages too.
    I believe that this is the best frame to buy this budget. I was riding with 2009 Tarmac before this one, and in every area this frame is better. Lighter, more rigid and also more comfortable.
    I am really, really happy with it. Also something different than what people use. Its nice to be unique.
  • which were the frames being ridden at TOB?
  • Couldn't find any of Dan during the ToB as he dropped out early on for some reason but this is from l'Avenir on a HF frame.

454298080-daniel-pearson-of-great-britain-during-stage-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7Qcvl%2b3rxJXomxvfRsxByQWsG1QhxVP3g29bhKi7E%2bkgSlMOZO7uze%2bS0Geb%2bGYR6vA%3d%3d

Photo is not visible :(
  • ToffieBoi wrote:
    Couldn't find any of Dan during the ToB as he dropped out early on for some reason but this is from l'Avenir on a HF frame.

454298080-daniel-pearson-of-great-britain-during-stage-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7Qcvl%2b3rxJXomxvfRsxByQWsG1QhxVP3g29bhKi7E%2bkgSlMOZO7uze%2bS0Geb%2bGYR6vA%3d%3d

Works fine for me.

Thanks for posting it Luke, I was wondering which frame the zappis were.
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • DiscoBoy wrote:
    ToffieBoi wrote:
    Couldn't find any of Dan during the ToB as he dropped out early on for some reason but this is from l'Avenir on a HF frame.

Works fine for me.

Thanks for posting it Luke, I was wondering which frame the zappis were.

Hmm. Weird...
    Can anyone upload the photo to another page?
  • Red bikes are the fastest.
  • Thanks
    I think there is a problem with my work network. Photo was visible at home... Weird.

Anyways,
    Yesterday I attached my new chain to bike. This time, Dura-Ace 9000. Hopefully this will survive more than KMC X11SL I was using.
    I am also now looking for S-Works saddle to replace my heavy Romin Evo Expert. Also, if my budget allows, I will get 40mm carbon wheels too, from China of course :D
  • I have one as my crit bike. Can't fault it.
  • Here is the final built;

With 40mm carbon clinchers, 2015 Campagnolo Chorus groupset, Easton EC90 SLX3 handlebars and Selle Italia C64 saddle.
    Weight is 6830 grams with winter tires (Continental GrandPrix PolyX Breaker 24mm) and
    6810 grams with Vittoria Corsa 23mm and Veloflex Corsa 23mm tires.

2015_01_11_11_30_07.jpg
    2015_01_29_23_42_14.jpg
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    Absolutely lovely, looks mean, all chinese parts?
  • That looks great. The frame totally apes the R5 which is a very good thing - e.g. the rear wishbone is the spitting image of an R5.

How much was it? Did you get it in the UK or via Taiwan? Did you have to pay any duty on it?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    As FJ says, that is the spit of an R5 , especially the rear triangle. Looks Great. Can I ask which carbon clinchers you went for and where you sourced them. I m after some for an Evo Six.
  • Sorry guys for the late answers. I subscribed to the topic, I supposed to get notifications when there was a new reply, but...
    Miles253 wrote:
    Absolutely lovely, looks mean, all chinese parts?
    Thanks!
    Frame, fork, seatpost, rims and stem are Chinese.
    That looks great. The frame totally apes the R5 which is a very good thing - e.g. the rear wishbone is the spitting image of an R5.

How much was it? Did you get it in the UK or via Taiwan? Did you have to pay any duty on it?
    It really looks like Cervelo, especially there on the rear seat stays.
    Frame was around 450GBP, and wheels were around 340. But I ordered them all while I am in Turkey, not UK so I paid tax for Turkish customs. It is 18% here, if you wonder.
    tim wand wrote:
    As FJ says, that is the spit of an R5 , especially the rear triangle. Looks Great. Can I ask which carbon clinchers you went for and where you sourced them. I m after some for an Evo Six.
    Wheels are from Rae, Carbon-Cycle on eBay.
    He custom builded these for me. A bit more expensive but I think it worths it.
    I used Sapim Cx-Ray spokes, 2x on both sides at rear wheel and Novatec A291 / F482SL hubs.
    It weights 1500 grams with red veloplugs. He has an eBay account, but I recommend you to send a mail to him and have the same custom set as me.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Thanks for that. Will give them a look. also interested in the Superstar component in a 32. They are based about 6 miles up the road from me so will also take a look there.
  • @tim wand,

I'm pretty sure that, what they do is buying Carbon rims from China and building them there in the hop.
    You will pay extra for the same wheel, But! you will have warranty and a brand behind their product. If price difference won't be huge, I would buy it from my local shop, to be honest.