In praise of Amazon!

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited September 2014 in The cake stop
I hate Amazon, I have never found them very helpful :D

BUT...I ordered two tyres for a friend, (20 inch Schwalbe, don't ask!) the ones they sent were not the ones shown in the photo or described, instead they were white walls.

I emailed them pointing this out and expecting a lame reply so was surprised that within the hour they replied and had arranged a full refund including postage to be transferred immediately to my account and said that I could also keep the tyres to save me any further hassle :shock:
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• Was that Amazon, or the provider of the goods?

I have also had excellent service from them. We bought a tent from Amazon but one of the poles broke within a week. It's a tunnel tent so they are crucial to the integrity of the tent. We emailed amazon, they contacted the manufacturer and they in turn sent us a complete set of poles within days. 8)
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    It was Amazon, they even went as far as to say...

"There is no need to return the tyres, you can have the refund AND the tyres, I'm sure they can be used by someone at some time. "
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • I always prefer to buy from Amazon or buy orders fulfilled by Amazon as the service is really good. Even if I can buy cheaper off Ebay I still go to Amazon. It really doesn't surprise me that you all got good service from them.
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Service has always been good for me too, last year ordered a load of bits to make up hampers for friends and family of local produce and found a locally made chutney on the site. Ordered and one of the jars was broken so they refunded the whole box (all 12) and said we could keep the 11 in tact for free.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    A bit pi$$ed off with Amazon this time...ordered 3 things and they sent them individually to my work address, as requested. The first two arrived OK but the third was attempted to be delivered on Saturday, I got a non-deliverable notification and refund :evil: I would have thought the delivery people would have known Corporate addresses are closed at the weekend and/or tried to deliver the next working day. Pathetic.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava