Frames with canti AND disc mounts

mattrixdesign2
mattrixdesign2 Posts: 644
edited September 2014 in Cyclocross
Any frames/fork combos out there with mounts for both cantis and disc? Considering migrating the parts on my Tricross (currently cantis), then save up for decent disc wheels and brakes.

Would prefer removable canti bosses, willing to buy 2nd hand.

Doesn't need to be a true cross frame, happy with something with bottle bosses and mounts etc.

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    MK1 Kaffenbacks with the disc mount on the chainstay has that option, removable canti mounts on the seat stay. Hard to find now as the frames PX are selling are MK2's which are disc only.
    What sort of budget you looking at?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Cheaper end, would prefer it to be Alu or lightweight steel.

My thoughts are I have my TriCross with a decent spec 105 etc, RS11 wheels, and OK cantis. I would like to migrate over to a more off road going machine, and then over time switch to discs and wheels.

I know of the PX and someone mentioned the VooDoo Wazoo (a touch on the heavy side!). Did Kinesis to some? What model/year?

The other option is to try and shift the TriCross, but with my budget I would struggle to get a similar groupset/weight.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,373
    The Cotic X had disc and canti mounts, They don't list it any more and it wasn't a big seller so may be hard to find a used frame. Nice though.
  • Thanks - came across that one on my web searches.