capt_slog Posts: 3,949
    edited September 2014
    What?

edit. the link works now.

The older I get, the better I was.

• simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    How do i report this spam!!
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    But probably the most intelligent :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    arran77 wrote:

It's based on how much work is done by individuals, you know people who actually go to work and then actually do some whilst they are, so not for us intelligent people :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    team47b wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

It's based on how much work is done by individuals, you know people who actually go to work and then actually do some whilst they are, so not for us intelligent people :D

Ah, fair point :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    The video has taken a rather simplistic view of the report. Fraser Nelson's study claims that all of the US states bar MS have a higher mean income, but Britain has a higher median income than many of them.

Also, is that before or after the Americans have paid their health insurance? 'Cos from my American in-laws I hear that's a real financial burden over there. OTOH they tell me that most young Yanks can afford to buy a house, unlike over here.

EDIT: Actually, ignore the first paragraph, I think I'm getting this confused with something else. I've been studying Kuiper Belt and Oort Cloud objects and coastal sedimentary processes most of the day and now my brain is malfunctioning.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,857
    Having visited Mississippi, that is about a damning comment as you can get.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,949
    yes, we're poorer in lots of ways.

For instance, living in the UK I have 1/5 of the chance of being murdered.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Akirasho
    Akirasho Posts: 1,892
    johnfinch wrote:

EDIT: Actually, ignore the first paragraph, I think I'm getting this confused with something else. I've been studying Kuiper Belt and Oort Cloud objects and coastal sedimentary processes most of the day and now my brain is malfunctioning.

... this is pre skool day care stuff in Mississippi (and EVERONE in America knows how to speal Mississippi)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,706
    Akirasho wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

... this is pre skool day care stuff in Mississippi (and EVERONE in America knows how to speal Mississippi)
    Although it would appear that they can't all spell 'everyone'. Or 'spell' for that matter :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,434
    Where does that put Wales?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Where does that put Wales?

I don't know but I can say that even in Norfolk we don't have people living it as rough as some of those in southern states in the US. Well, maybe those folks out in the Fens with their webbed toes....
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    johnfinch wrote:
    The video has taken a rather simplistic view of the report. Fraser Nelson's study claims that all of the US states bar MS have a higher mean income, but Britain has a higher median income than many of them.
    This suggests that wealth distribution in Britain has a larger tail at the top end, suggesting greater wealth disparity :?:
  • pinno
    If town A has a population of 1000 where 950 earn £10k and 50 earn £2m, then the average earnings are £100950.

The problem with this equation is that 95% of the population only earn £10k.
  • finchy
    jawooga wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    This suggests that wealth distribution in Britain has a larger tail at the top end, suggesting greater wealth disparity :?:

Like I say, I just can't think straight at the moment. I've got my exams in 2 weeks. I'll start speaking sense after they're over and done with (no Stevo, that doesn't mean I'm going to become a Tory boy :wink: ).
  • pinno
    johnfinch wrote:
    jawooga wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

Like I say, I just can't think straight at the moment. I've got my exams in 2 weeks. I'll start speaking sense after they're over and done with (no Stevo, that doesn't mean I'm going to become a Tory boy :wink: ).

You'll what ?! I bloody hope you don't intend to that in here.
  • finchy
    Sorry, I apologise and withdraw that threat.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,706
    johnfinch wrote:
    Pass exams
    Get pay rise and prospects
    Stop being bitter
    Next thing you'll be voting 'Conservative'

It's the way things work in life :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

Pass exams
    Sleep.

FTFF
  • finchy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Start being bitter
    Next thing you'll be voting 'Conservative'

FTFY.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    article-0-05F6D898000005DC-908_233x423.jpg

"Oooh, can't go outside, there are some young people out there, they'll probably beat me to death and dump my body in the canal, that's what young people do these days, especially as they're all on drugs. This country's going to hell in a handcart."
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Brilliant video with some really crap maths. Got any more of them?
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.