Canyon Endurace CF

Comments

• Thanks very much Nesfyl, I shall take a look at that!
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    Nesfyl wrote:
    paddyg77 wrote:
    Nesfyl, my legs are long compared to my body and i'm not the most flexible so would XL give me a more stretched out but higher position compared to the L which would be shorter but much lower resulting in a more hunched position? I Have a L Giant at moment and i feel a bit 'perched' as the seatpost is set quite high relative to the bars! From what you have said i think the XL is probably the best bet!

If this is the case, yes the XL is probably the best bet. I'd advise you to take a look at the reach too because there is quite a difference between the tow sizes. I have set up a database for a lot of contemporary bikes with a sportive geometry as I'm also on the hunt, accessible here: http://goo.gl/fAhB3Z
    It's for personal use so viewers cannot change the parameters but for now it's configured for your dimensions (91cm inside leg, crank 175mm - for the XL model), and it'll stay like this for a couple of days. Take a look, take the tape measure out and compare to your Defy - your answer will be there among those numbers :D

Cheers,
    Useful document that. Any chance of emailing it so its editable.
  • Nesfyl
    Nesfyl Posts: 24
    You can download it as an Excel file. go to File -> Download as and get the .xlsx version. That one should be editable. All the parameters are at the bottom.
  • redscouse
    redscouse Posts: 157
    hi chaps

have my endurace here and putting it together..but the seat post (VCLS2) is very tight going into the tube...assembly instructions are saying that it should slide easily into the frame without pressing and turning...the seat post clamp is undone all the way...at this point I have not put any assembly paste on either the tube or post.

i don't want to force it in obviously particularly with all the recent complaints regarding SLX seat tube cracks

any thoughts advice
    riding a canyon endurace
    spesh allez
  • redscouse
    redscouse Posts: 157
    think i fixed it by following these instructions

https://www.canyon.com/_en/supportcente ... cles_id=70
    riding a canyon endurace
    spesh allez
  • jerehada
    jerehada Posts: 24
    Mine was also a bit stiff, as I didn't want to scratch it up either I used the assembly paste and loosened everything it went in ok in the end.
  • Use a bit of KY jelly
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • mlgt
    mlgt Posts: 366
    Any London Endurance owners yet? Would love to see one in the flesh.
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • Just ordered a CF9, considered a Rose CGF but the canyon won out in the end, seriously looking forward to getting it...
  • Just about to cancel mine, ordered a bike 'from stock' a month ago and it has just been delayed by another fortnight.
    Annoyed.
  • Doesn't sound promising....I ordered from stock too...which model and colour did you order?
  • CF 9.0 Pro in Stealth colour.

They keep telling me that there is a delay with some components but there are no more specific than that. This is the bit that annoys me, I specifically waited until the bike was showing as in stock and was told that in stock bikes take 2-5 days delivery.

The problem is that you can't find anything that comes close for quality and value for money, but now the winter is around the corner the thing will not come out of the shed, so I am thinking I might as well just cancel this one and go for a 2015 model, although there does seem to be a lack of Campagnolo bikes in the 2015 range.

To be honest I am torn, but am really annoyed with the 'in stock' thing.
  • Ordered a CF 9.0 Ultrgra, stealth as it is listed as "in stock" and it's due to be shipped next week.
    That last post is killing my hopes though.

Beinf 178cm (5.8ft) with a 85cm (33in) inseam, I am torn between the size M and L, the Stack on the M seems kinda low and I might need to flip the stem to prevent neck pain. Ended up ordering a M, I hope I have made the good choice and that it will fit.

I think the Endurace we see now is the 2015 model, all the other bikes have had their 2015 variant announced except for the Endurace.
  • I would agree about the 2015 range, but the 9.0 Pro has the old Campagnolo Chorus groupset. I suppose that could be the component issue that they are having, but I would be happy if they wanted to change to 2015 groupset ;-)
  • krogort wrote:
    Ordered a CF 9.0 Ultrgra, stealth as it is listed as "in stock" and it's due to be shipped next week.

Beinf 178cm (5.8ft) with a 85cm (33in) inseam, I am torn between the size M and L, the Stack on the M seems kinda low and I might need to flip the stem to prevent neck pain. Ended up ordering a M, I hope I have made the good choice and that it will fit.

I think the Endurace we see now is the 2015 model, all the other bikes have had their 2015 variant announced except for the Endurace.

I would have thought canyons size guide would tell you to go small. I'm 5'10, same inside leg and it tells me to go small.
    Bianchi Intenso Athena
    Handbuilt Wheels by dcrwheels.co.uk
    Fizik Cyrano R3 Handlebars
    Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle
    Deda Superleggero seatpost
  • Strange that despite being shorter it tells me to go for a M.
    I guess torso and arms measurement have some impact after all.

I suppose it's better to have a frame that's too small than too big, even some pro use 140mm stem.
    The problem is that with the stack of the small frames, we can end up needing ugly flipped (or high angle) stem.

I ordered the 25/13mm setback seatpost, I figured it can be setted up with just 3mm more than the default one. Since my current frame has more seatube inclinaison, I might need 25mm setback to get the correct saddle position.
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    krogort wrote:
    Ordered a CF 9.0 Ultrgra, stealth as it is listed as "in stock" and it's due to be shipped next week.

There's an error somewhere in your measurements. 1.78m isn't 5'8" it's a fraction over 5'10".
    If 178cm and 85cm are correct then I think the M should be fine. I'm 178 and about 84 and my size M Ultimate CF is spot on. You'll have a little less bar drop and reach with the Endurace.
  • Ai_1 wrote:
    krogort wrote:
    There's an error somewhere in your measurements. 1.78m isn't 5'8" it's a fraction over 5'10".
    If 178cm and 85cm are correct then I think the M should be fine. I'm 178 and about 84 and my size M Ultimate CF is spot on. You'll have a little less bar drop and reach with the Endurace.
    Sorry for the confusion, I'm not used to imperial units and quickly used a unit translator, seems it is 5,8feett or 5 feet and 10 inches
  • Despite people's gripes with Canyon over delivery and seatposts, I'm still very tempted by an Endurace as my next bike. Many happy owners out there?

Also interested in the difference between the specs; am I right in thinking that it's pretty much down to groupsets? 105 option seems to have a different wheel to the rest of the range.

I'm a bit torn because I'd probably go for SRAM Force or Red, if given the option.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    edited September 2014
    Despite people's gripes with Canyon over delivery and seatposts, I'm still very tempted by an Endurace as my next bike. Many happy owners out there?

Also interested in the difference between the specs; am I right in thinking that it's pretty much down to groupsets? 105 option seems to have a different wheel to the rest of the range.

I'm a bit torn because I'd probably go for SRAM Force or Red, if given the option.
    Different range I know but I ordered the Ultimate CF from stock in July and it arrived within 11 days.
    They sometimes have different wheels as well as groupsets. The difference between Force and Red is really only about the weight IME.
  • ai_1
    Despite people's gripes with Canyon over delivery and seatposts, I'm still very tempted by an Endurace as my next bike. Many happy owners out there?

Each range is the same frame and fork with various component builds. So the groupset is the main difference but there may also be differences in wheels, saddles, etc. This is the case for all their bikes. I think the Endurace CFs all have the same bar & stem, seatpost etc. The components are all listed on each product page but you can also use their compare function to make any differences easier to spot. Click "Compare Bike" on the left below the main picture on one of the product pages and then select another bike or bikes to compare it to. The 2 or 3 bikes will be displayed with all the specs side by side for easy comparison.
  • Thanks for the replies guys, I'd not spotted the compare option!

From that it appears that the cheapest model has different wheels (all are custom for the bike) and a lower spec Fizik saddle, but otherwise all components are currently the same throughout the range. I was under the impression that they'd be no new models coming out and hence they'd be no SRAM option, which would be my preference (I've only tried Red and not Force, but would happily give that a go). Given this, I'd be inclined to go for the 8.0, which seems the best value, and maybe swap the groupset out at some point in the future.
  • krogort wrote:
    Cheers for that. I think I'd misread from the reviews that they were bespoke wheels, rather than an off the shelf wheel with a non-standard width.

Very tempted. It's a great looking bike, and the weight is incredible at that price point.
  • ai_1
    Thanks for the replies guys, I'd not spotted the compare option!

From that it appears that the cheapest model has different wheels (all are custom for the bike) and a lower spec Fizik saddle, but otherwise all components are currently the same throughout the range. I was under the impression that they'd be no new models coming out and hence they'd be no SRAM option, which would be my preference (I've only tried Red and not Force, but would happily give that a go). Given this, I'd be inclined to go for the 8.0, which seems the best value, and maybe swap the groupset out at some point in the future.
    It seems bonkers to buy a complete bike with the intention of switching out the groupset later!
  • Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    I can't believe people are still buying Canyon despite getting messed about.
    If this is what they're like when you try to buy a bike from them, guess what they'll be like if you have a problem with it.
    Doesn't inspire much confidence...
  • I ordered the Endurace CF9 cyan on the 7th aug also from 'in stock' and my shipping week has gone from cw34 to cw36 to cw38,im told my bike will be shipped nx week so fingers crossed,I was going to cancel last week and go with a similar rose bike but I like the look of the endurance more so I will give it some more time,i wont order from canyon again in a hurry though and am very annoyed about being led a merry dance,regards
  • I'm pleased to report that although I had a 3 week delay, my Endurace is beautiful and a dream to ride. Stunning machine.

However.........

Im having an issue with looseness/excessive flex/movement in the front end. Ie when you apply front break, some weight on saddle, you can feel movement in headset area that just shouldn't be there.

What is interesting about this is that bike mechanic says there is no mechanical problem in headset, bearings etc and more worrying a pro bike fitter I know says he has got hands on with 3 Enduraces now and all 3 have the same problem.

I'm torn, because like you I'm loving the bike. Its awesome to ride, but something seems fundamentally wrong with the frame/fork/headset. Its enough movement to know it just should be there in a new bike.

Is it something anyone has noticed? Rest your body on saddle, apply front brake and see how much movement there is forward/backward. Its a worry, and I just don't know what to do.
  • island991 wrote:
    I'm pleased to report that although I had a 3 week delay, my Endurace is beautiful and a dream to ride. Stunning machine.

However.........

Im having an issue with looseness/excessive flex/movement in the front end. Ie when you apply front brake, some weight on saddle, you can feel movement in headset area that just shouldn't be there.

What is interesting about this is that bike mechanic says there is no mechanical problem in headset, bearings etc and more worrying a pro bike fitter I know says he has got hands on with 3 Enduraces now and all 3 have the same problem.

I'm torn, because like you I'm loving the bike. Its awesome to ride, but something seems fundamentally wrong with the frame/fork/headset. Its enough movement to know it just should be there in a new bike.

Is it something anyone has noticed? Rest your body on saddle, apply front brake and see how much movement there is forward/backward. Its a worry, and I just don't know what to do.

That DOES sound a bit worrying. Have you contacted Canyon about this? I'd be interested to hear how it's resolved.
  • I have just received my new Canyon Endurace CF 8.0 ordered last Wednesday 3rd Sept and it arrived 9th Sept early in the morning. All dealings with Canyon were simple and kept updated throughout the process.

On seeing the comment above about the loose headset i was a little worried but mine seems to be solid.

I have only taken it for a quick blast of about 10 miles but it feels very smooth and nice to ride.