Reverb

ej2320
ej2320 Posts: 1,543
edited September 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Got my Reverb and straight out the box there was some left/right movement and very slight up and down play... May be paranoia but it seems to have got slightly worse after a few rides. Is this normal?

It doesn't annoy me and I only notice a slight sag when I sit on the saddle but at this stage it's not effecting the performance

Comments

• Just got mine back from warranty for the same issue. Had around 10mm of initial sag for 6 months which I lived with but then increased more and more last month. I suspect yours will go the same way if you leave it. You could check the air pressure and bleed the system (full bleed followed up by remote bleed) to see if this helps but with mine both were good.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • ej2320
    Yeah I heard about yours on your bike thread, I don't think it's quite 10mm sag but there's a definite movement.. I can move it up and down with just my hands so I'd describe it as play as opposed to sag if that makes sense. I'll give the air pressure a check but I suspect it's fine as the reverb works works well, a friend also said his is similar so that's why I was questioning if this was the norm
  • Mine now has no up and down movement at all and a degree or so of side movement - yaw, not lateral which is the norm. When it came with the bike there was definitely some up and down movement already there which is down to poor seals either so I suspect either the components in the factory aren't up to scratch or it's down to poor assembly in the factory. Over time the seal degraded and sag increased.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • ej2320
    Okay, well I guess all I can do is bleed it and check the air pressure then hope it doesn't get worse
  • *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    A slight bit of side to side play in the nose of the saddle is normal for the reverb.

If however, your post is sagging without you pressing the remote then you have problems.

Mine went back to wiggle after 12 months as it started to sag. It was also possible to extend the post fully when picking the bike up by the saddle with no resistance at all. Mine was replaced under warranty without any quibble.

Great customer service, but I think that I will be going to Thomson if I decide I want another dropper.
  • ej2320
    well I expected the side wobble

I'll check the pressure in the reverb and see if that makes a difference, otherwise I'll keep it and if it get bad I'll send it away
  • *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    Make sure you check the pressure with the post FULLY extended!