Vintage port syndrome

Peddle Up!
Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
edited September 2014 in The cake stop
Otherwise known as:

lbl_OP_Cockburns_Vintage_Port_1908_small.jpg

I sometimes get this with the "first few streams" after a long ride (>70 miles). Other cycling mates seem to get it too, but I thought I'd check it out here in case a GP appointment is warranted. :shock:
Purveyor of "up" :)

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    Otherwise known as:

lbl_OP_Cockburns_Vintage_Port_1908_small.jpg

I sometimes get this with the "first few streams" after a long ride (>70 miles). Other cycling mates seem to get it too, but I thought I'd check it out here in case a GP appointment is warranted. :shock:

Have you all been with the same woman?
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    If your saddle nose is pinching off the nerve and restricting blood flow when you try to urinate the muscles are trying to contract but the blood flow hasn't returned yet so they can't, hence pain, you will have to arrive at your own remedy for increasing blood flow to the affected area :D

Or you have something really realllllly bad, see a doctor, either way drink the port :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Get a saddle with a cut out ffs.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I thought this was going to be a thread about Kempston and RS232
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    ...or SCSI :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    ZX81-16K-RAM.png
  • pinno
    or STD...
  • ...RS232

Linky thing
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    fig03.jpg
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    aah, i get it (or rather i dont). making sure i change position and stand up occasionally reduces the effect on wrists, arms, shoulders and tender places...
  • pinno
    I have been quite perturbed and saddened by the physical goings on of Peddle Up and MIkey23, so I set about finding the perfect bike with an upright position, no pesky crossbar to stumble over, springs on the saddle to protect your wrinkly Walnuts and fragile perineum's and a basket on the front for the drip bags.
    I do hope that you'll appreciate my efforts.

1_pashley-product-lifestyle-image-header-11980x490.jpg
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    I have been quite perturbed and saddened by the physical goings on of Peddle Up and MIkey23, so I set about finding the perfect bike with an upright position, no pesky crossbar to stumble over, springs on the saddle to protect your wrinkly Walnuts and fragile perineum's and a basket on the front for the drip bags.
    I do hope that you'll appreciate my efforts.

1_pashley-product-lifestyle-image-header-11980x490.jpg

Oi! :evil:
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • or STD...
    Somehow I don't want to stick any thing in a STD port...
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • pinno
    or STD...
    Somehow I don't want to stick any thing in a STD port...

As long as it doesn't interfere with your ABI, it will be fine.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    @p ... Cheers mate, nice that you are thinking of me. Way too aero though, i prefer summat a little more upright. A nice baguette or bunch of flowers might slow me down on those fast descents...