Chapeau

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
edited August 2014 in The cake stop
Have amended my comments. Originally perhaps a bit OTT regarding Galloway's assault. But he really is an a55.

As for me congratulating the assault of an OAP, this is not the case. I merely feel that Galloway has been spouting off too much of late and perhaps a wee pasting was a bit of divine intervention.
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    What's the English word for schadenfreude?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    team47b wrote:

Good ole 'Harm-Joy'
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Mr Goo wrote:
    We are all agreed that it was a job well done.
    So you're all big fans of religiously aggravated violent assaults that hospitalize senior citizens, then?
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510
    It is an assault, that is not a good thing.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Read the news this morning and received a couple of texts from friends in due course. We are all agreed that it was a job well done. Hopefully will shut this vile anti-semite up for a few weeks.

'anti zionist' and 'anti semite' ane not synonymous you right wing fool.
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • team47b
    Mr Goo wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Good ole 'Harm-Joy'

...And for whooooosh?
  • corona
    corona Posts: 116
    I've been reading and occasionally posting on this forum for few years, this is the first time I have considered contacting the mods. I think the OP is very wrong in congratulating a young man for attacking an OAP.
  • HertsG
    HertsG Posts: 129
    Delivering a political viewpoint through violence has no place in the 21stC.

Shame on the OP. This thread should be removed.
  • So a politician gets a shoeing for espousing some political views? So what?

I'm not on Mr Goo's side here, and Galloway is no worse or better than others, but as a politician he deserves the occasional kick. Man up Galloway and accept the slings and arrows of fortune.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • HertsG
    HertsG Posts: 129
    So a politician gets a shoeing for espousing some political views? So what?

I'm not on Mr Goo's side here, and Galloway is no worse or better than others, but as a politician he deserves the occasional kick. Man up Galloway and accept the slings and arrows of fortune.
    A 60 year old bloke 'deserves' broken ribs because he's a politician?
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    I dislike Galloway more than most (completely unrelated to what his views are on middle eastern politics) but its just not acceptable to go around attacking people like that in a supposedly civilised democracy, or celebrating such an act.
  • HertsG wrote:
    So a politician gets a shoeing for espousing some political views? So what?

A 60 year old bloke 'deserves' broken ribs because he's a politician?
    A 60 year old bloke ( therefore not an OAP) should know better. Gobbing off = kick in the seat of the pants.
    This man is supposed to "represent" people FFS.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    I have met George Galloway. He was putting together a trip to Iraq using a Norwegian fishing trawler filled with basic medical supplies as a follow up to the London to Baghdad Miriam appeal. I was volunteering to go as I knew the engineer on the original trip and he thought I would be useful. The Iraq invasion on 2003 put paid to that follow up trip.
    The sanctions at the time prevented basic things such as Insulin and anti-septic cream and indirectly lead to the death of thousands of people. The engineer who went having never been to the middle east was astounded at the hospitality and the welcome they got when they eventually arrived in Baghdad.
    G Galloway paints such a different picture to our media and the establishment campaign against him. He went to the US and faced questioning and possible jail and defended himself adeptly. They couldn't touch him with a stick.
    I met and talked with him again about the abandoned trip when he came to the Wigtown book festival in 2006. His talk about the middle east was brilliant and well presented. Even the paparazzi turned up in little old Wigtown just to harass him. His reposte's were considered and clever which was the opposite of the personality lead attack from the attending press.
    Whatever you think of G Galloway you have to consider that he runs against the grain of the establishment, the press hate him and he is a very clever man.
    Anyone who thinks that any politician being assaulted is not right in the head.

Whenever you think of politicians - "The people get the government they deserve".
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Gobbing off = kick in the seat of the pants.
    How about being repeatedly punched in the face until someone else intervened, with injuries that included severe bruising and suspected broken ribs, requiring hospital treatment?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    I find it quite strange that some people abhor violence until it suits their agenda.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Amazed Mr Goo, if we had listened to GG 10 of 1000's of lives lost in Iraq, ISIS and the mess which is afganistan, would nt have happened.
    What happened to Galloway is what Hitler did to anyone who opposed his views, so its good to know where you stand.... no doubt you views on Rotherham, are driven by motives that are not as pure as I first thought?

Galloway is an elected MP, it is for the voters to peacefully oppose him and elect a new MP, not a for a thug to beat him up severely, this sort of thing is out of Germany in the 30's or Putins Russia.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510
    Well said.
  • Very well said, seconded. Lovely to know violence is seen as the answer. Civilised? Yeah right.
  • team47b
    I respect your right to be wrong, Mr Goo, but keep it to yourself next time :wink: