Pinner to City - route advice

N5girl
N5girl Posts: 12
edited August 2014 in Commuting general
Hi

I would like to commute a few times a week from Pinner to the City. I have done it on a few ad hoc occasions using the canal route but hated it as I found the path very uncomfortable/dangerous and I can't imagine doing it in the dark.

Can anyone recommend a road route please?

Also what type of time is feasible? I am fit enough to pedal hard for an hr - although I am aware the route may be more of a speed-limiting factor.

Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• I'm not to far from you (Harrow Weald)
    The most direct route for me is to aim for the A5 (Edgware Road) heading for Marble Arch, it is fairly wide with bus lanes on most of it. Depending on where in the city there there are lots of options once you hit maida vale.
    When I'm in Holborn, I like to aim for abbey road then through regents park and onto great portland St.
    Time's vary a bit but once you've got your route they seem to improve (about an hour)
  • N5girl
    N5girl Posts: 12
    Thanks. Unfortunately I am at Moorgate so I will have to go right across town. I am ok knowledge-wise once I hit Maida Vale - it is the getting out of Pinner that is unfamilar.

I will give the A5 a go. I read somewhere else that someone suggested A404 which seems to go over the north circular. I think I might have to do it the old-fashioned way and get a map - it is impossible to tell on a computer screen.

Thanks for the advice.