Lies, damned lies and mobile coverage

bompington
bompington Posts: 7,674
edited August 2014 in The cake stop

I live on the edge of one of those purple squares in the middle, i.e it's supposed to be somewhere between 3G and 4G.

In practice I have to go upstairs to get 2G at all.

Particularly annoyed today 'cos there's now (at work in an area that normally has good 3G) no mobile data from EE full stop...

OK, whinge over.

Comments

• Hmmm. I don't have any mobile data from EE today either - not at Forfar this morning or in Arbroath at the moment. Glad to hear it's not unique to me.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    So they're fuck all everywhere today then instead :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • According to the interwebz site downdetector.co.uk there is a nationwide problem with EE due to a broken cable. I hope they get it fixed soon. I'm in the habit of checking my facebook feed while on the throne and I can only hold off for so long.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Hmmm. I don't have any mobile data from EE today either - not at Forfar this morning or in Arbroath at the moment. Glad to hear it's not unique to me.
    They have the internet in Forfar and Arbroath? My goodness.
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    Hmmm. I don't have any mobile data from EE today either - not at Forfar this morning or in Arbroath at the moment. Glad to hear it's not unique to me.

same in scarborough,was trying to sell some bike parts to a guy on pinkbike this morning,and cancel the ebay listing, what a pain
  • bompington wrote:

Oh yes. Nobody visits the dole office in person these days. Benefits are all claimed online.
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    bompington wrote:

Oh yes. Nobody visits the dole office in person these days. Benefits are all claimed online.
    Really? And miss the incompetent behind the desk look down their nose at you and try and make you feel bad for not having a job? I so wanted to swap places, I'm all for inclusiveness but don't give someone struggling to read a computer and expect it to go well!

We had three down a month ago for 3 days. I feel your pain. Well not that of the guy unable to use the throne!
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    I got a phone from 3 recently and the signal was crap even though they advertised good coverage. A month after buying it I rang them up, they obviously told me I couldn't return it so I threatened legal action. It took a month but finally got them to refund me and cancel the contract. With O2 now and it's brilliant - obviously I get no 3G signal anywhere apart from some places in Inverness but that's the same with every provider.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    bompington wrote:

It shouldn't be allowed.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!