Bike Fit correct?

diddyfunk
diddyfunk Posts: 252
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi Guys

I'm purchasing my first Road bike and have taken it for a small ride and this feels ok (but what so I know being an MTb'er!)

Can you tell me what you think of the fit in the pic below?

My arms have a bend when at the hoods.

This is a 53 as I feel a little over stretched on the 56

90323093-1022-4FF2-9589-C05FB7261C0B_zpsulvjhge7.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert Evo
08 Scott Scale 60 - http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy25 ... CF2299.jpg

Comments

• kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    edited August 2014
    The first thing to think of is the riding position you want from head down racer to more upright touring position. I prefer a more upright position with about an inch of drop from the saddle to the bars. Others want a more head down position with a good few inches of drop.

The bike looks a size too small to me.
  • Is that the new 2015 Rapha gear you are wearing,,,, very smart, think the sleeves need to be a little longer though :lol: Sorry but can´t help with the bike fit.
  • sopworth
    sopworth Posts: 191
    Do you feel a lot of weight/pressure on your hands?
    Hard to really tell but looking at the stem height and the fact you look slightly low on the hoods, it may be a size too small. Just my initial thought though.
    You may be feeling over stretched on the next size up for a number of reasons but I wouldn't rule it out.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Hard to tell with what your wearing but you look pretty good as is. However 2 possible tweaks might be adjust the saddle height up a bit and/or move the saddle back a bit.

Though as others have said depends on what your looking to archive but you can always move the set up once you have riddled for a bit and got used to the change from an MTB
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    Too any spacers for my liking - either a bigger size or different model
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    get a proper bike fit!
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Just do an online fit at a site like competitive cyclist and that'll give you a pretty good idea what size frame you should be looking for.
  • I don't know if it's the camera angle or your clothes or something else, but to me, the frame looks kinda small...
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    Looks slightly small to me. I think I have read that Cube sizing is smaller than the industry norm's and that a 56 Cube is more like a 54 Specialized for example.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Looks a bit small TBH, your backside looks to be hanging off the seat at the back, not saying you have a big a** by the way. :)
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    I reckon the frame looks about right. By going a size up your arms will be too straight - they're already pretty straight. I would say the saddle is set too high, looking at how extended your legs are even with the pedals horizontal. Your right foot looks forward on the pedal, which is not helping the guestimates on sizing. Putting the saddle back like the earlier suggestion is likely to leave your knee too far behind the pedal.
  • And a photo of your girlfriend, if you've got one, always creates interest.
  • Are you really going to size your purchase based on random comments from this forum based on a photograph you have posted?
    Find a good bike shop, get yourself measured and test ride a few different makes and sizes if you need to.