Authorities and Police Hunted by Press Instead of Criminals

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
edited August 2014 in The cake stop
In the wake of the recent revelations in the Rotherham Child Abuse Enquiry. I cannot help but notice that the last 48 hours has been a witch hunt against the child protection officials, council leaders, party political officials and the police.

Where in any of this is the pursuit of the evil men that committed these vile crimes?

It seems to me that there is a certain amount of convenience in all this for the local and national politicians. In that they are not having to respond to problems within our communities.
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    So, same as usual then. :roll:
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Where in any of this is the pursuit of the evil men that committed these vile crimes?

Haven't quite a few of them been pursued in the courts, convicted and sent to prison for a well-deserved long stretch?

Sounds appropriate to me.
  • steve6690
    steve6690 Posts: 190
    Easy target because they never bite back. Tory policy 101 : Take the public services. Starve them of money and make them unable to perform their function. "Rescue" them with private companies run by their cronies.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    steve6690 wrote:
    Easy target because they never bite back. Tory policy 101 : Take the public services. Starve them of money and make them unable to perform their function. "Rescue" them with private companies run by their cronies.

To some extent, +1

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • You only have to look at the connections the directors of G4S have to see why they keep getting Government contracts despite their shocking track record at being unable to provide a half decent service.
  • G4S has a track record like the McCains, and yet still gets contracts. It is absolutely astounding what they have done, and why they win.
  • steve6690 wrote:

You forgot to add the bit about getting a nice big salary with said private companies when they leave office (or sometime before in the 'consultancy role') :roll:
  • G4S has a track record like the McCains, and yet still gets contracts. It is absolutely astounding what they have done, and why they win.

One of the big conglomerates was giving a masterclass on winning Government contracts for public services two years ago. They have a crack team dissect the tender, working out all the flaws and loopholes which will enable them to make additional charges. They submit a low bid which undercuts other organizations (who bid according to their understanding of what services they will realistically have to provide), BigCo win and then (perfectly legally) provide to the letter what the contract demands. When they are requested to do the work which was implicit rather than explicit they say 'fine, that will be and additional cost', it's then too late to unpick and would result in hefty penalty clauses.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Agreed.

However, if I discovered one of my children was being abused and I then discovered that a close friend knew about it for years and failed to act, I'm not quite sure whose head I'd bury my axe in first.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I had dinner with a woman last night who touched on this subject as she works in the legal fraternity and she told me that the press are on a witch hunt due to the fact that the councils and police wouldn't reveal the details of those questioned.

I'm not for revealing info to the public domain myself but it does grind my bones when the police reveal details of famous people in such cases and do it freely (or for cash as I suspect) yet keep the real peodos safe and secure.

It's all mad I tell you.
    Living MY dream.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    The saga still continues with those in positions of authority stating that lessons must be learned etc etc. Heard it all before.
    Investigate and catch all the filthy, disgusting perverts and send them down for life (meaning life). There will be plenty of time to sort out those that ignored this travesty after the paedo's are banged up.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Just one quick question - who are you expecting to catch the criminals? The press? The government? As far as I'm concerned, it's the job of the police and, in this case, social services. All anyone else can do is make sure that they are doing their job properly.