My Cold Dead Hands etc...

Angus Young
Angus Young Posts: 3,063
edited August 2014 in The Crudcatcher
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28948946

I wonder at what point Americans and the NRA will wake up...
All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Why does any civilian, let alone child, need to use a machine gun?

Americans are so dumb.
  • Angus Young
    Second Amendment, didn't cha know?! Because, after all, there's no better way to deal with the problem of too many guns in society than... to put more guns into society.

Makes you wonder how America ever got a man to the moon. They must have had help.
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    They did - German scientists brought over after WW2
  • Angus Young
    Good point.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I have quite a few American friends (my best mates wife is American) and it's a 50/50 split amongst the people I know. some have loads of guns, some have none.

at least 1 friend is an active campaigner for the ban of all machine guns. as said above, who the hell need s a machine gun to defend themselves? he has pictures of people sat at fast food places with an assault rifle on their backs..really?!?
  • Angus Young
    welshkev wrote:
    I have quite a few American friends (my best mates wife is American) and it's a 50/50 split amongst the people I know. some have loads of guns, some have none.

Yes, that's true. Apparently, the number of gun owners is falling, but the number of guns owned by those still buying is going up significantly. In other words, there is a hardcore that is becoming more fanatical about their toys.
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Nobody outside the military should be able to use fully automatic weapons.

It's rare for even the military to use their weapons in 'full automatic mode' as you see in films, they loose a lot of their accuracy.

Nobody needs to be firing hundreds of rounds a minute either, there's no justification for it.
  • Angus Young
    Antm81 wrote:
    Nobody outside the military should be able to use fully automatic weapons.

It's rare for even the military to use their weapons in 'full automatic mode' as you see in films, they loose a lot of their accuracy.

Nobody needs to be firing hundreds of rounds a minute either, there's no justification for it.

But how else are you to get everyone in a nightclub queue during a drive-by?
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Americans are dumb
  • Angus Young
    Americans are dumb

Actually, no, they're not. As always, there's a very visible minority that give the rest a bad name.

Unfortunately, amongst that minority, there is a sick mentality that thinks it's all fine and dandy to teach your nine year old to operate machinery whose sole purpose is to kill people as efficiently as possible.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Does the internet think charges will be brought against the child in question? I can't really be bothered searching myself.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pesky_jones
    Americans are dumb

As always, there's a very visible minority that give the rest a bad name.

Meh, predictable response. They had george bush as a president. One of many failings as a nation
  • Chunkers1980
    Does the internet think charges will be brought against the child in question? I can't really be bothered searching myself.

Hope not. Hardly her fault she was allowed to have a go with a lethal weapon and she's 9.

Even if Americans think it's a good idea to let kids loose with Uzis they should be semi fixed and only able to fire mostly down range.
  • Angus Young
    edited August 2014
    Americans are dumb

Meh, predictable response. Of the Americans ive met, they've all been pretty naive, pretty ignorant and pretty dumb. Plus they had george bush as a president.

Then you've met a different bunch of Americans to me. Of the Americans I've met, both in this country and in the States, most have been pretty decent. Golden rule: I've you're not getting on with people, perhaps you're the problem...
  • Chunkers1980
    Americans are dumb

Meh, predictable response. They had george bush as a president. One of many failings as a nation

And now they have a black man in the White House - go figure.
  • pesky_jones
    Americans are dumb

Meh, predictable response. Of the Americans ive met, they've all been pretty naive, pretty ignorant and pretty dumb. Plus they had george bush as a president.

Then you've met a different bunch of Americans to me. Of the Americans I've met, both in this country and in the States, most have been pretty decent. Golden rule: I've you're not getting on with people, perhaps you're the problem...

Pfft I really can't be bothered with this but perhaps the few americans I've met, plus the things I've learned about America have made me very anti-usa.
    And now they have a black man in the White House - go figure.

I literally have no idea what you're trying to say here... Well I do have an idea but I seriously hope I'm wrong
  • Angus Young
    perhaps the few americans I've met...

I've met many, having visited the States many times. They couldn't have been further from the horrible cliché I'd imagined they'd be.

Agreed on the George Bush thing. Can't condemn them for that, though. After all, we had Tony B. Liar for what seemed like forever.
  • pesky_jones
    Used few as an expression. I've met more than three. I've got american relatives.

In regard to Tony Blair, we were talking about stupidity. The sh1t that george bush came out with - bearing in mind he was president of the largest superpower in the world, let alone human, was astounding. Youtube George Bush stupid moments for proof
  • welshkev
    Americans are dumb

Do you have any idea how many countries are laughing at us right now about our welfare state and the fact the government can't control a bunch of people who want to set up a sharia (sp?) state within the uk.

It's easy to judge others but I think we should get our own house in order first!!
  • pesky_jones
    What are you talking about. Who said anything about welfare state and sharia law. One thing I do know is that we are doing a hell of a lot better in general than loads of countries.
  • welshkev
    You were judging America on certain things - CBA to go back and check. I was simply stating that other countries are judging us and think we're equally stupid. They were just examples I used of why they think we're stupid.
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,462
    People who think the welfare state is stupid are stupid and it doesn't matter if a small minority of people want to set up a sharia state in the UK because they can't.
  • welshkev
    monkimark wrote:
    People who think the welfare state is stupid are stupid and it doesn't matter if a small minority of people want to set up a sharia state in the UK because they can't.

Sorry, I may not have worded that correctly. I meant that immigrants can come in and claim off out state. And regarding the sharia thing. I know (or at least hope) that it can't happen.

It's the perception that people have of the uk - or at least some foreign friends I have.

These aren't my opinions btw. Just saying Americans are stupid is stupid aswell when the uk has issues.
  • pesky_jones
    monkimark wrote:

Exactly what I thought. Never going to be a reality
  • Americans aren't French... thats a plus point I guess.