Specialized Crux Evo

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat Posts: 309
edited July 2016 in Your road bikes
CruxEvo_zps661ff592.jpg[/URL]

FrontHub_zpsa2daf708.jpg[/URL]

RearBrake_zpsd74991ba.jpg[/URL]

My new fun/dirt/do-it-all bike. 105 11 speed, carbon frame and forks with carbon steerer, gobbles cobbles ;0) seat-post which is lighter than it looks.

Hope Pro 2 hubs with Stans Crest rims, TRP cable activated hydraulic brakes. Weighs in at 20lb, not the lightest of bikes, but it rides like a light bike, very comfortable. All set for Octobers Lakeland Monster Miles :0)
“Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson

Comments

• That looks fantastic, the Hope hubs add a really nice touch. Good work
  • Dippydog2
    Dippydog2 Posts: 291
    Very, very nice.

Looks like it might fit my bill exactly.

viewtopic.php?f=40114&t=12979785

Did you build it up yourself?
  • stevenb
    stevenb Posts: 717
    Very nice. Bet it flies along nicely.
  • Cheers guys, and yes, it does ride well.
    Dippydog2 wrote:
    Did you build it up yourself?

Actually, I did, but other than the wheels it is a stock bike. The cables were easy to install as internal guides are already fitted by the factory.
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Very nice - as mentioned before the wheels and hubs in particular are bang on!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Tasty looking bike.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    That looks great! I'd love to get one as my "mostly road" bike!

Is the rear hub anything other than the standard 10-speed model? Or is it specific to 11-speed cassettes?
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Cheers, it is very comfortable to ride, and due to the lower BB (compared to the standard Crux) handles well too.
    Giraffoto wrote:
    Is the rear hub anything other than the standard 10-speed model? Or is it specific to 11-speed cassettes?

Pro 2 hub with a specific 11 speed free-hub body, you fit a small spacer if you wish to run a 10 speed cassette.
  • Cheshire Cat
    Cheshire Cat Posts: 309
    Thought I would post an update on my Crux Evo, which is now coming up to 2 years old and 4k miles. Completed four of the Adventure Cross events on it, a week in the Dolomites last year and numerous on/off road excursions. Still on the original Praxis BB and rings, although the rings are to be replaced the BB is still going strong. Fitted some Mavics last summer prior to going to Italy and also changed the bars and stem to a 3T set-up as I like the shape and wider top of the Ergonova bars. Tyres are 30c Challenge Strada Bianchi, which I highly recommend, they roll well and look good (at least I think). Run them at 80psi front and 85psi on the rear, I weigh 83kg.

20160607_114949-01_zpssveulyxk.jpeg