The good deed thread

finchy
finchy Posts: 6,686
edited August 2014 in The bottom bracket
I get a real kick out of helping other people and today was one of those days that presented an unmissable opportunity.

Standing at the self-service checkout in Asda, a family of salad-dodgers waddled up behind me and starting putting their microwave meals, oven chips, etc. on the belt. I then proceeded to scan my stuff and pay as slowly as possible without it becoming too obvious. The extra time they were standing there means they were burning off a tiny bit more flab than they would do when they went home to park their lardy ar5es in front of TV. Knowing I'd helped a whole family fight the fat gave me a nice warm glow inside. I can't wait until tomorrow when I will once again help somebody, whether they appreciate it or not.

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    I put healthy items in other peoples trolleys, every little helps :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    I'll have a word her Maj if I see her* and put you forward for a OBE. Selfless you are, and a credit to the community.

*HRH doesn't often get to my local ASDA but I can't rule it out

The older I get, the better I was.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    You were probably doing some of us a good deed by sticking to ASDA :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • finchy
    edited August 2014
    Well, I wouldn't want to bump into Lord Stevo shopping in Harrods for smoked caviar. I do sometimes cycle to Waitrose for my cheese, though. In Asda, blue cheese is labelled as "speciality cheese". :roll: :roll: In Waitrose it's just "cheese".
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    johnfinch wrote:
    Well, I wouldn't want to bump into Lord Stevo shopping in Harrods for smoked caviar.

A man delivers his hampers.
  • finchy
    Ballysmate wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    Well, I wouldn't want to bump into Lord Stevo shopping in Harrods for smoked caviar.

A man delivers his hampers.

On a diamond-encrusted horsedrawn carriage.
  • Stevo_666
    johnfinch wrote:
    In Asda, blue cheese is labelled as "speciality cheese". :roll: :roll: In Waitrose it's just "cheese".
    I suppose they have to call it that so Asda shoppers don't assume it's 'gone off' :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • finchy
    edited August 2014
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    In Asda, blue cheese is labelled as "speciality cheese". :roll: :roll: In Waitrose it's just "cheese".
    I suppose they have to call it that so Asda shoppers don't assume it's 'gone off' :)

When I was at uni I had some fairly expensive (£2.50 is expensive for a student) blue cheese in the fridge. The cleaners came in, I heard the fridge open, then I heard:
    "Oh my God, look at this mouldy cheese."
    "Euuurgggghhhh! That's disgusting! Chuck it away."

I had to jump down two flights of stairs to get down into the kitchen before the cleaner made it to the bin, then I had to explain why blue cheese is actually OK to eat. :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    In our house blue cheese means a trip to the clinic. :shock:
  • Stevo_666
    Cheese? Bl00dy luxury. When I were a lad...
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    johnfinch wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

When I was at uni I had some fairly expensive (£2.50 is expensive for a student) blue cheese in the fridge. The cleaners came in, I heard the fridge open, then I heard:

I had to jump down two flights of stairs to get down into the kitchen before the cleaner made it to the bin, then I had to explain why blue cheese is actually OK to eat. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Reminds me of this article http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 88916.html especially the 5th paragraph about different types of ham. Will the likes of Stevo be tempted into a Tesco...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    johnfinch wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

You had cleaners? :shock:

Two women standing in Morrisson's:

"Look, this hasnae got preservatives"
    "Thats' nae gid"
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Went to a wedding a few years ago, it was that branch of the family that we pretend dont exist.

Anyhow, the reception is at a football club, was concerned that the car was gonna get nicked so found a table by the window. Helped myself to some baguette, chedder and pate, everything else was deep fried and pretty awful looking.

Spread the pate on the bread to bite into it and realise it was actually a chocolate flavour mousse with a brown jelly on the top.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    Why did you not simply pretend to attend?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Why did you not simply pretend to attend?

Wish i had done, ended up having to do 3 trips between the church and the reception rather than the other guests having to walk.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • Akirasho
    Akirasho Posts: 1,892
    johnfinch wrote:
    I get a real kick out of helping other people and today was one of those days that presented an unmissable opportunity.

Standing at the self-service checkout in Asda, a family of salad-dodgers waddled up behind me and starting putting their microwave meals, oven chips, etc. on the belt. I then proceeded to scan my stuff and pay as slowly as possible without it becoming too obvious. The extra time they were standing there means they were burning off a tiny bit more flab than they would do when they went home to park their lardy ar5es in front of TV. Knowing I'd helped a whole family fight the fat gave me a nice warm glow inside. I can't wait until tomorrow when I will once again help somebody, whether they appreciate it or not.

??? so who would have been at fault if they'd a gotten tired of waiting and decided to eat you???