Drivel

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,424
edited August 2014 in The bottom bracket
All of it. Shite. Utter nonsense, twaddle, claptrap, balderdash, gibberish, rubbish, mumbo jumbo, rot, tommyrot, poppycock, phooey, hot air, eyewash, piffle, garbage, tripe, waffle, bosh, bull, bunk, blah, hogwash, baloney, cobblers, codswallop, cock, stuff and nonsense, tosh, double Dutch, flapdoodle, blathers, wack, bushwa, applesauce, bunkum, crap, bullshit, bollocks, balls, crapola, bulldust etc If I have said anything of any worth, I apologise, it was never my intention.

X4000
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    team47b wrote:
    All of it. Shite. Utter nonsense, twaddle, claptrap, balderdash, gibberish, rubbish, mumbo jumbo, rot, tommyrot, poppycock, phooey, hot air, eyewash, piffle, garbage, tripe, waffle, bosh, bull, bunk, blah, hogwash, baloney, cobblers, codswallop, fool, stuff and nonsense, tosh, double Dutch, flapdoodle, blathers, wack, bushwa, applesauce, bunkum, crap, bullshit, ****, balls, crapola, bulldust etc If I have said anything of any worth, I apologise, it was never my intention.

X4000

Well said t47 :mrgreen:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    team47b wrote:
    ...bushwa...
    Bushwa?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,593
    Never apologise.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    team47b wrote:
    If I have said anything of any worth, I apologise, it was never my intention.
    In this post, or ever? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    GiantMike wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    ...bushwa...
    Bushwa?

American term, so not English so prolly (sic) not allowed on this forum, meaning faeces of the bovine type :D
  • team47b
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    If I have said anything of any worth, I apologise, it was never my intention.
    In this post, or ever? :wink:

Ever.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Has anyone posted anything of worth in BB?
    Certainly not I.
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    team47b wrote:
    All of it. Shite. Utter nonsense, twaddle, claptrap, balderdash, gibberish, rubbish, mumbo jumbo, rot, tommyrot, poppycock, phooey, hot air, eyewash, piffle, garbage, tripe, waffle, bosh, bull, bunk, blah, hogwash, baloney, cobblers, codswallop, fool, stuff and nonsense, tosh, double Dutch, flapdoodle, blathers, wack, bushwa, applesauce, bunkum, crap, bullshit, ****, balls, crapola, bulldust etc If I have said anything of any worth, I apologise, it was never my intention.

X4000

That's all gobbledygook if you ask me!
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • team47b
    Thank you, well spotted, gibberish is spoken but gobbledegook is it's written form, clearly a scholar. :D
  • ballysmate
    its
  • pblakeney
    Will you lot stop talking sense.

Edit:- I only just realised that my reply was sensible. Ballachs.

Never mind. tomorrow is hump day. I look forward to humping.

Toodle pip.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Yer aff yer heed T47, I cannae unerstan a werd yer spowtin'. Too brainy fer me. Am gan doon the pub tae get bolloxed as this stuff is a' dein ma nut. Am skunnerd'.

I hereby claim no responsibility of the above, it's origination, content or any offence it may cause to persons living or dead or any relatives of those alive but not living or dead but alive.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    Yeah I think I was over reacting to being told I speak utter nonsense, but at least my over reaction was nothing compared to that of the moderate faction yesterday. :D
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    Yeah I think I was over reacting to being told I speak utter nonsense, but at least my over reaction was nothing compared to that of the moderate faction yesterday. :D

mod·er·ate (mdr-t)
    adj.
    1. Being within reasonable limits; not excessive or extreme: a moderate price.
    2. Not violent or subject to extremes; mild or calm; temperate: a moderate climate.
    a. Of medium or average quantity or extent.
    b. Of limited or average quality; mediocre.
    4. Opposed to radical or extreme views or measures, especially in politics or religion.
    n.
    One who holds or champions moderate views or opinions, especially in politics or religion.
    v. (md-rt) mod·er·at·ed, mod·er·at·ing, mod·er·ates
    v.tr.
    1. To lessen the violence, severity, or extremeness of.
    2. To preside over: She was chosen to moderate the convention.
    v.intr.
    1. To become less violent, severe, or extreme; abate.
    2. To act as a moderator.
    [Middle English moderat, from Latin modertus, past participle of moderr, to moderate; see med- in Indo-European roots.]

I hereby claim no responsibility of the above, it's origination, content or any offence it may cause to persons living or dead or any relatives of those alive but not living or dead but alive.
  • pblakeney
    2. To act as a moderator.
    [Middle English moderat, from Latin modertus, past participle of moderr, to moderate; see med- in Indo-European roots.]
    We will have none of that foreign originated muck in this Forum.

Wait a minute. Can I use the word "forum"?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • team47b
    Can't use minute or word (Germanic) could call it a discussion group but nothing is up for discussion :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Do we need a list of words that originated in the British Iles? Then at least we can put blanks in for the ones that aren't allowed.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pblakeney
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Do we need a list of words that originated in the British Iles? Then at least we can put blanks in for the ones that aren't allowed.
    I can think of a few Anglo-Saxon ones if that is old enough, but those are not permitted.

Why not start with words that should be banned as they are foreign.

Lets start with 5 French ones - Peleton, bidon, chappeau, derailleur and of course, velo.

Any others?

PS:- As far as the Oxford dictionary is concerned, "drivel" is an old English word and therefore permitted.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • team47b
    The problem with old English is the old English word for 'ears' (Germanic) is not able to be used here - ar5e :D
  • ballysmate
    Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears.
    :shock:
  • pinno
    So there is deep and veiled euphemisms in Noddy's adventures?
  • team47b
    I can now see why they changed his name from lard ar5e in the re-write :D
  • pinno
    'The adventures of lard 4rse"! Catchy.