Neilpryde Alize and Kinesis 4S

Wobbit
Wobbit Posts: 91
edited August 2014 in Your road bikes
My pryde and joy (not sorry) summer/dry/anything but commuting bike.

2013 neilpryde Alize in size xl (58cm)
Full Ultegra 10speed
Ritchey carbon 4 axis 130mm stem
Ritchey logic curve handlebar
Selle italia sl saddle
Either Planet X 50mm carbon tubs with vittoria corsa cx tyres or shimano rs80s with gp4000s clinchers.
Look keo max pedals
Around 7.5 kgs
Lovely ride, very willing, a way better bike than I will ever be a rider.

E9ED0528-5421-4777-AEDE-B20EB54310EB.jpg

Next up is my recently built Kinesis 4S, for winter/training/commuting/everything else.

I have only just building this so finishing kit will most likely be changed after I have had my bikefit done.

Kinesis 4S frame and fork in grey and orange in size 57cm
Full 105 10speed groupset less brakes
Tekro r539 long drop brakes
Thomson inline seatpost(need a layback)
Selle italia Sl
3t arx pro stem
Neilpryde al matrix bar
Pro-lite bracciano wheels with 25mm gp4 seasons tyres
Weighing in at around 8.5-9 kgs
I will be fitting some full guards for winter soon.(any suggestions?)

FB9ECF96-0A1A-44D4-90FC-C9E9A5DC6D10.jpg
Neilpryde Alize - Kinesis 4S - Cube Ltd

Comments

• I like that Neil Pryde a lot. Good work young man.
  • Markjaspi
    Markjaspi Posts: 729
    Nice, I've a Bura, NP bikes are so good, wouldn't mind one if those too myself. I also have a kinesis but the Pro6 cyclocross for all round duties, also great bikes, congrats.
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • Wobbit
    Cheers guys!
  • Markjaspi
    Markjaspi Posts: 729
    Did you buy it as a full bike or frameset mate? And where from if you don't mind me asking, seeing yours has made me want one LOL!
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • The NP is a very nice machine...looks good.
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson
  • Wobbit
    Markjaspi wrote:
    Did you buy it as a full bike or frameset mate? And where from if you don't mind me asking, seeing yours has made me want one LOL!

I got a deal on the frameset as it was last year's. I brought it from epic cycles in Shropshire, fantastic shop and service. It truly is a great frame, if i broke it/got stolen etc i would replace it with the very same.
  • ba68
    ba68 Posts: 156
    Sks p35s are about the best for tHe price, pretty easy to install and nice and solid once done. How do you find the 4s, am seriously thinking of swapping my ribble winter trainer for one of these.
  • Wobbit
    ba68 wrote:
    Sks p35s are about the best for tHe price, pretty easy to install and nice and solid once done. How do you find the 4s, am seriously thinking of swapping my ribble winter trainer for one of these.

Cheers i will take a look!

Its a really nice frame, it has pretty aggressive geo which is what sold it to me, as most frames with mudguard and rack mounts are sportive/audux biased.

The finish and welds are lovely and is super stiff in the right areas, i have only ridden it on one 70mile ride snd a couple of commutes so far but i think i have made a good decision.
  • ba68
    ba68 Posts: 156
    If you look around you can get them for closer to £20. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sks-chromoplast ... guard-set/

The black look good, I've run them with 23mm and 25mm, they say they should clear 28mm but haven't tried them.
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    I really like the Alize. I popped into Westbrooks the other day to buy a Foil and they had full Alize 6800 builds going for just over £2000. I was very tempted, but I don't like the new blue colour scheme. Yours in black just looks great.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Nice bikes. Chapeau.
  • Wobbit
    DKay wrote:
    I really like the Alize. I popped into Westbrooks the other day to buy a Foil and they had full Alize 6800 builds going for just over £2000. I was very tempted, but I don't like the new blue colour scheme. Yours in black just looks great.

I have seen the 105 equipped version selling for around 1600 in the sales online, fantastic value for money

Black does look best :)
  • IrishMac
    IrishMac Posts: 328
    That's the nicest NP I've seen :) Wheel Decals in the same font/colour as NeilPryde on the downtube would look sick!
    Member of Cuchulainn C.C. @badcyclist

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    That Alize though...

HUBBA HUBBA
  • Great looking bikes. The Alize is really nice.

Quick question. How does the Kinesis ride compared to the carbon road bike? Ideally I'd like one bike for racing (local crits and evening 10's) and commuting and think the Kinesis might be the one. Would be good to know some thoughts.
  • Wobbit
    Cheers guys!

Great looking bikes. The Alize is really nice.

Quick question. How does the Kinesis ride compared to the carbon road bike? Ideally I'd like one bike for racing (local crits and evening 10's) and commuting and think the Kinesis might be the one. Would be good to know some thoughts.

The kinesis has has a fairly racy geometry, that being the main reason I went for it over a more traditional steel winter frame set (I had considered the genesis equilibium).

It rides very well, I haven't noticed any flex with my limited output and the weight is pretty good too.