Dolan Ares

keefsloan
keefsloan Posts: 29
edited August 2014 in Your road bikes
I've just got back from a 550km trip from Cologne to Brighton (I do it every year and lead a group back through Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and France). Just stuck some colour on it in the shape of Ultremo ZX's. Before that I was running GP4000's. Great tires, but I fancied a change. Will see...

15009690251_a1365653a9_b.jpg
15009718831_7a2b93d2f6_b.jpg

Stats? Full Ultegra 6700 (double 53/39), Ares frame, Kysrium Elite S whee set. 3T stem, bars and seat post, Spesh Romin Pro saddle. Stages power meter.The bike is ridden hard, climbs well, sprints well, cleans up well, and has suffered a couple of minor stacks without any real drama (the latest when one of my charges in the German ride touched wheels with the guy in front and put us both into a nettle filled ditch in the Netherlands. Aside from my legs being red raw from the stings, only the left hand STI needed moving back slightly. Result!). It's a tool first and foremost. It's enjoyed and loved but it isn't wrapped in cotton wool. And I'm good at stripping and rebuilding so any problems I can sort out in an afternoon.

Comments welcome (or else why would I out a picture up in a public forum?) but they will be taken with a large serving of salt and I'll continue on my merry journey through life without letting them affect me unduly.

Keep it rubber side down.

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Nice bike - shame about the red bits...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Imposter wrote:
    Nice bike - shame about the red bits...

like the stealth look
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Nice looking bike, think having all black tyres might make it look a bit dull but that's personal preference.

TBH I'm just jealous of your ride sounds like a great time was had.

Do you ride the same route out and back and how are you supported? Only asking as am looking at doing something like this myself in the future.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Nice. :)