Tour of Britain 2014: question

Lichtblick
Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
edited August 2014 in Pro race
I've just realised that this year's Tour of Britain ends in London on Sunday September 14th, and I'll be there, right in the centre of the action. I'll wake up that morning completely surrounded by road closures by the look of it.

Not having been to London during a pro bike event before, does anyone have any idea if it will be possible to cross closed roads with luggage to get to a tube station? Link to map here: http://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/spectate/stage8.php#.U_dK-6ix-Cd

Stage start times would help, (ITT followed by road race all on same route), but this warning appears on that map:

"Whitehall, and some surrounding streets, will be closed to traffic from 03:00-21:00"

We'll watch some of it of course, and what a great opportunity, but nevertheless the journey home can't wait till 9pm.

Many thanks

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Looking at the route you'll be fine. They won't be closing many (any) roads off the course route, I'd expect. There'll be crossing points and Westminster tube, for example, has underpasses.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    Many thanks Jon, I hadn't realised that Westminster Tube is accessible from within the barriered-off zone. Presumably.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Yes - there will be pedestrian crossing points throughout the route.