TFI Friday!

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited August 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Fark me, yesterday was strange. I phoned my new minion to tell him he had the job, that's always a nice feeling hearing their relief and thanks. Then my old minion came in to hand in his keys and say goodbye, and he brought in an old (hot) friend, which was nice. Then someone who didn't get the new minions job (an internal candidate) came in and demanded to know why.
I shook him off quite quickly, but he'd also applied for another internal job and didn't get that, so he hunted him down. Turns out they then discussed his interview for 2 HOURS!! Fark that shizzle.

Today, meh, then Bury.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    and he brought in an old (hot) friend, which was nice.

Did you try to hit on him, the hot friend?

Day off today, in your face to everyone at work.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    commute in this morning was biblical rain and a firkin puncture :(

Lots of work meh today in prep for next week working away in Devon - whilst the family have a holiday there, I can see many issues ahead
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

tired today as I was celebrating the parents in law going home by drinking wine :lol:

bank holiday this weekend woo hoo.

that's about it, only 6 hours of work to get through first.

laters
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Hola beetches

thats me stacked till wednesday, then i'm in for two days then it's france for two weeks where i will drink more wine than they are producing!

In other news, red arrow aircraft are made from cheap tin foil this makes them tricky to rivet. Maybe when tkm has finished trying to pull that hot bloke he can have a go at soldering it!

anyhoo i'm off for foods and boozes toodles!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    matthew h wrote:

ps are you communter types allowed to use the 'P' word?
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Hello nerds

Todays an easy day, writing up a report

Cooking for the gf tonight - i'm sh1t at cooking. She's vegetarian so gone for bean enchiladas. Shouldnt be too hard but if you dont hear from me then I've killed us both

laters nerds
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    bg13 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

It's definitely frowned upon.
    I'd have thought you'd be used to such things after Paddle London 86.
    Another glorious sunny day in Tuscany, went to the bar for coffee, lounged by the pool, got in the pool and didn't drown. Might have something to eat soon. Then I will see what the day brings. Probably more lounging followed by drinking.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Veronese68 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

It's definitely frowned upon.
    I'd have thought you'd be used to such things after Paddle London 86.
    Another glorious sunny day in Tuscany, went to the bar for coffee, lounged by the pool, got in the pool and didn't drown. Might have something to eat soon. Then I will see what the day brings. Probably more lounging followed by drinking.

it was very similar to PL86! Down to glass causing said deflation of the tyre.

Just checked my clothes - they are still wet, not going to be a pleasant few hrs cycling home
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    Evening Mongs,

Had a good pedal home this evening - fuelled by alcohol. Mr h would be proud of me. Now dossing as I'm shagged out but looking forward to the long weekend. Off to see Chelski v Leicester tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]