XR4 vs Nobby Nic

Antm81
Antm81 Posts: 1,406
edited August 2014 in MTB general
Got a couple of 2.35 XR4 team issues but also a couple of pace star 2.25 Nobby Nics, was planning on running the XR4s front and rear but now I've got the Nobby Nics I'm interested in running these too.

What are people's thoughts on both? Would they work well as a combo with the XR4 front and Nobby Nic rear?

Thanks

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Stick with the XR4s I would say.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • capoz77
    capoz77 Posts: 503
    I've got XR4 2.35 Expert up front and XR2 2.2 Team Issue at the back, i've tried many many tyres over the years but think i've finally found the perfect combo. Light weight enough, pumped to 33psi, roll fantastically on and off road, but off road the grip is phenomenal, mud clearance fantastic and cornering grip like velcro :shock: Not managed to setup tubeless yet but not had any punctures at all this summer. My previous conti Vert Pro II's were getting thorns every ride.

zzzzIMG-20140315-WA0004_zpsb23583c5.jpg

xr4_zps37e4a513.jpg
  • XR4. Usually have them for winter but been using for the last couple of weeks on my Hardtail and forgot how good they are on dry and loose conditions as well.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    got an XR4 2.35 on the front and a conti mountain king 2 2.2 protection on the rear which is a pretty good combo.
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Cheers for the replies, going with the XR4s, the Nobby nics will be kept as spares, they'd be better than the plastic performance compound Nobby nics that came on the bike. Just fitted the xr4s overnight before attempting to go tubeless imp tomorrow.