No words. Just a picture of my Supersix! :D

14968534361_c17cfc7398_b.jpg
Winter Road - 2014 Boardman Sport
MTB - 2012 Canyon Nerve XC 7
Summer Road - 2012 Cannondale Supersix 105 Liquigas Colours

Comments

• DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    Now you just need to clean the bar tape, change the chainset and sort that stem out ;)
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    Loving the wheels.best decals ever! But what have you done to the front end. 30mm spacers and an up turn stem. The supersix is a race bike but that looks set up like a hybrid.
  • vfast1
    vfast1 Posts: 98
    Calpol wrote:
    Loving the wheels.best decals ever! But what have you done to the front end. 30mm spacers and an up turn stem. The supersix is a race bike but that looks set up like a hybrid.

Lol I know it may not look great at the front but its fine for me. I'd end up a cripple if I bent down any lower with my short arms!
    Winter Road - 2014 Boardman Sport
    MTB - 2012 Canyon Nerve XC 7
    Summer Road - 2012 Cannondale Supersix 105 Liquigas Colours
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    +1 looks pretty fab to me! i have a caad8 which is my now winter/turbo bike. thinking of getting a super six yours looks great
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Not a fan of the Dale personally but with those wheels it does look really good and it's your bike if your comfortable then ride it and ignore what others say abut set up
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Ignore the haterz, may be consider the next frame size up so you have the bars higher than the saddle.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • It's nice and understated with a refreshing lack of branding :shock:
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,241
    It's all nice and good, except the stem that needs to be reversed and possibly slammed
    left the forum March 2023
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    I bet the bike is rapid, but I would have gone with a bike that has more suitable geometry to start with like a Synapse.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    holiver wrote:
    I bet the bike is rapid, but I would have gone with a bike that has more suitable geometry to start with like a Synapse.

This, exactly.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Pooter
    Pooter Posts: 68
    Cosmic2.png
  • metronome
    metronome Posts: 670
    Calpol wrote:
    30mm spacers and an up turn stem.

That's 60mm of spacers. Just saying...

Ride it how you like. Bravo!
    tick - tick - tick
  • If I put my hand over the top part of the picture it looks fab.

If I remove my hand for the top part of the picture, it looks like a train smash :D

I'm sorry, but it's a big bugbear of mine- why buy aero wheels because they look good only to undo all that by running your saddle position maxed-out to the front, and having a sit-up-and-beg stem configuration at the front?

Only thing worse than the above is why buy aero wheels because you believe they will make you go faster, only to "ditto" the above.
  • He hasn't bought carbon wheels- he's bought aero wheels.

I'd imagine that Hansen actually knows what he's doing.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    The aero wheels don't know anything about the rest of the bikes setup. For a given speed they are still being more aero than less aero wheels. The OP isn't going to change his bar height just because he has aero wheels.

The only issue here is whether the OP has optimised his position - and we don't know the answer to that as we haven't seen a picture of him on the bike.

PS if there wasn't set back in that seat post, it would be clamped pretty much dead centre. ie well behind Hansens position.......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • stevenb
    stevenb Posts: 717
    Very nice bike. The Cosmic wheels really suit the 'Dale bikes.
    8)
  • AshW92
    AshW92 Posts: 67
    Jesus, the amount of debate this has casued. The lad's just got himself a beautiful set of wheels and wants to show of his really nice bike, does it matter how he rides it? Not everyone's riding a bike to go flat out non-stop in aero configuration
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    AshW92 wrote:
    Jesus, the amount of debate this has casued. The lad's just got himself a beautiful set of wheels and wants to show of his really nice bike, does it matter how he rides it? Not everyone's riding a bike to go flat out non-stop in aero configuration

Then why buy aero wheels? :lol:

Surely you post your bike here you know it's going to have holes picked.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
  • trooperk
    trooperk Posts: 189
    AshW92 wrote:

Which brings me to ask the question of why people buy road bikes if they don’t like riding in a low position, the amount of riders I’ve seen sitting upright with hands on top of the bars, yes I know is nice to change hand position some time on a long ride but then why not a ride hybrid and stop complaining about bad back.
    Or it’s the case of look at me I’m on a racer.
    Specialized-The clitoris of bikes.
  • badly_dubbed
    badly_dubbed Posts: 1,350
    biggest bunch of tools on this thread I've ever seen since joining BR.....get a life ffs

the boy can ride his bike however the fook he wants to.
  • Nice bike mate. Looks good with those wheels.

And the term you are all looking for is "Dick Heeds"
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    havent read the whole thread, but just incase it hasn't been mentioned - you need to sort your saddle/handlebar/stem position out to be able to justify using those wheels.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    I think the wheels suit the bike (very blingy) and the OP is obviously happy with the wheels and his set up so that is all that matters IMO.
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    diamonddog wrote:
    that is all that matters IMO.

What about "the rules" ?
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Screw 'em :)