Looks like Winter, but it's Thursday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited August 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Well, I went round for the third date, and the only pork on the menu was pig related. It was damn good though.

Today, I'm farkin knackered as I stayed out too late. All I need to do is phone my new minion and inform him that he's now my minion, and then I should do some soldering again.

I really want sleep!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

only 8 degrees this morning, what's up with that?!?! I may have to put a coat on if this continues :shock:

anyway, sold my DH bike yesterday so the hunt for a road bike starts today.

out for a ride later though after the guy picks up the bike 8)

see ya
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    meant to be going up ben nevis today, but its snowing up top so might head to the nevis range on the bike instead!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Welshkev - joining the dark side!

Morning

Shoot sleep as had a few work things going round and round my head. Today is meetings, so no chance of catching up on my sleep.
  • welshkev
    matthew h wrote:

:oops: I know!!! I hardly rode last winter cos the trails were so crap and cut up. so I was so unfit when the weather started to improve. don't want the same to happen this year :D
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Kev, it's a slippery slope. I had the exact same thought as you and have only ridden my Heckler about three or four times this year :cry:

I've even got some bib shorts now...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    welshkev wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

:oops: I know!!! I hardly rode last winter cos the trails were so crap and cut up. so I was so unfit when the weather started to improve. don't want the same to happen this year :D

Come winter you'll moan that its too windy/wet/icy/snowy for the road bike as well.
  • welshkev
    Briggo wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Come winter you'll moan that its too windy/wet/icy/snowy for the road bike as well.

nope, I was out in all weathers mate, I'm not a fair weather rider - I live in wales ffs!

but it's no fun riding the local off road trails when it's a foot deep in bog and mud, hence why the road bike is an option.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    What's all this talk of riding bikes? Get a cross bike, as fast as a road bike with the right tyres but you can have disc brakes so you can stop in the wet and put knobbly tyres on for a spot of dicking about. Really upsets the roadies when they see you join a road from a dirt track on a drop bar bike with skinny(ish) tyres. I really like mine, no need for a 'proper' road bike.
    Haven't ridden a bike in over a week as I'm still on holiday. I managed about 18 lengths of the pool before feeling in danger of drowning, the boy managed over 150. Bloody show off.
    Going out for some scoff shortly to celebrate his results on the GCSEs he took this year. My telling him they are much easier than the real exams we took didn't wash. Hardly a surprise.
    I did some work today on the laptop, no danger of me turning into MattH though.
    Onwards and upwards, trying not to collect wildlife this time.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Evenin'

Out to the pub shortly. That is all 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    welshkev wrote:
    Briggo wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

nope, I was out in all weathers mate, I'm not a fair weather rider - I live in wales ffs!

but it's no fun riding the local off road trails when it's a foot deep in bog and mud, hence why the road bike is an option.

You're turning into a roady, you'll pussy out and end up back to your old tricks shaggin Dolly
  • Stevo_666
    Kev, buying a road bike is one thing, but selling your DH bike to buy it means you will burn in hell :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • welshkev
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Kev, buying a road bike is one thing, but selling your DH bike to buy it means you will burn in hell :twisted:

downhill bike has gone steve. but I still have my nomad and will still be hitting the DH tracks don't you worry 8)
  • Stevo_666
    welshkev wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

downhill bike has gone steve. but I still have my nomad and will still be hitting the DH tracks don't you worry 8)
    I'll let you off then :)