A-Holes at work

2»

Comments

• danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    arran77 wrote:
    I now have another problem with someone at work.
    I'm not one to mince my words, I call a spade a c**t. This bloke smells like wet dog, proper stinks. He cycles to work but believes that having a shower BEFORE riding in means he doesn't need one when he gets to work!
    How do I tell he he's a stinky **** without getting myself reported to HR (again)?

Just leave a can of deodorant on his desk until he gets the hint. There was an apprentice at my old place that stank and that's what happened to him. Failing that just call him a smelly c*nt anyway :lol:

I called him a f****** weirdo (he really is weird) once and got reported to HR.
    We tried leaving a can of deodorant on his desk. He sent an email around the who company to say if anyone had lost a can of deodorant, it's on his desk! Maybe we need to leave a note with it.

Why don't you just report him to HR & they can then take it up with his boss to tell him
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    His boss is in an office 180 miles away (lucky barstard)
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    His boss is in an office 180 miles away (lucky barstard)

Report it to HR and let them tell him, make them work for you rather than pull you up for calling him stinky Pete or other nick name :D
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Just tell him straight, get someone at work to witness you asking sympathetically. Hr can't do anything if you ask politely and have a witness
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    matthew h wrote:
    I've actually had to tell someone they need to 'sort out their personnel hygiene'
    Was someone in HR smelly? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • matthew h wrote:
    report his smell to HR and let them deal with it
    This. It's their job to deal with sensitive issues.
    matthew h wrote:
    I've actually had to tell someone they need to 'sort out their personnel hygiene'
    Same here. Never again
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I used to work with a guy who wouldn't flush the toilet after taking a dump. we all used to tell him and he'd just say "oh, I forgot"

one time I went in and it was like a sh*t bomb had gone off in the toilet and there wasn't even any toilet paper in there!!! how the hell did he wipe his arse the filthy twunt?!?!?!? :x
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    matthew h wrote:
    Same here. Never again

that was the worst bit for me, I had to tell him again................. just after his mother had died (he nursed her to the end). I used the sensitive line of 'you've got more time in the mornings now, so make sure you have a shower'
  • matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Same here. Never again

that was the worst bit for me, I had to tell him again................. just after his mother had died (he nursed her to the end). I used the sensitive line of 'you've got more time in the mornings now, so make sure you have a shower'
    :lol: That has to be the greatest line ever! Luckily my minion took the point and dealt with it. Telling him was horrible though, he knew he smelled, hoped nobody noticed. He was pretty mortified.

It did make me a hero at work for a while though :mrgreen:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    welshkev wrote:
    one time I went in and it was like a sh*t bomb had gone off in the toilet and there wasn't even any toilet paper in there!!! how the hell did he wipe his ars* the filthy twunt?!?!?!? :x
    I have to work in India, toilet paper is very uncommon there.....as I believe it is in the middle east as well, I always carry some!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.