Cyclocross 2k to 3k

peddlingmadness
peddlingmadness Posts: 151
edited August 2014 in Cyclocross
Hi All

So as you all know you can never have too many bikes and I'm looking at a cyclocross for winter training and I fancy having a crack at some cyclocross comps next year.

I wanted the felt fx3 (2014) in Black (sold out everywhere and not going to be re-stocked as the 2015 model is out in 6 weeks in Light Blue and I just don't like the look of it. Can anyone give me some idea's as to what I might want to take a look at as most of the cyclocross reviews online seem to be pretty dated.

Thanks

Comments

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    x-58

Lovely and should come in on budget. Also get discs
  • simonj
    simonj Posts: 346
    How about going for frame and building it up (yourself or lbs), FX1 frames going cheap at various places. Boardman CXR either frame 9.8 or as whole bike looks good also.
  • Thanks Guys..

Simon I think I'm edging towards a self build. Seems to be the wrong time of the season to buy a CX as a lot of 2014 models have sold out and 2015 models due out in around 2 months. Who makes the FX1 frame as when I google it I'm getting some bmx frames. My apologies for lack of cx knowledge. ta
  • simonj
    simonj Posts: 346
    Sorry Felt F1X or F1XD (disc version in 2013). Else Boardman CXR 9.8 also looks like a cracking frame.
  • Barbarossa
    Barbarossa Posts: 248
    £3k is top end. Look at:
    Ridley - X-night
    Guerciotti - Lembeek
    Alan - Cross Race
    Scott - Addict CX
  • bigmul
    bigmul Posts: 208
    Boardman CXR 9.2

Carbon frame and forks, SRAM Force 22 speed, BB7 discs, 8.6kg, £2300